Need to make a DECISION RIGHT NOW! *CASE*

Janet1025

Reaction score
So Ive had my DX for three weeks, I have bought two holsters and three different sets of screen protectors, I have yet again developed a small bubble under the screen protector and I just dont have the energy to try and get it on right (wet application) and I am SO NEUROTIC I dont quit until EVERY single bubble is out, only to have another bubble magically appear the next day UGH (yes Ive tried the adhesive screen protector, I hate how it bubbles on the corners..... its naked right now and I want to say screw it, its going to stay that way, but I know thats not very smart....
So which leads me to think that my only solution is getting a case with built in screen protector right????

So though this thread had been done over and over, I need to make a decision by tomorrow, for my own sanity..

Defender or Trident??

Only reason leaning towards Defender is for the holster clip, I know the rumor is that that Trident is coming out with one soon but when? and goodness knows how much... though I like the Trident look better..

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tonyg729

Reaction score
Try casewear on ebay. Got a bomb bundle package for 20 bucks and the case and screen protector are nice. Screen protector is reusable

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

Janet1025

Reaction score
Try casewear on ebay. Got a bomb bundle package for 20 bucks and the case and screen protector are nice. Screen protector is reusable

thanks, just did a search for casewear and Droid on Ebay and got nothing??

hemi1300

Reaction score
haven't tried the defender but i am lovin my kraken trident. Very solid, well made case that will stand up to anything. Keeps the phone completely dust free, and the screen is still very responsive, even after leaving my steinheil screen protector on. Buttons still very easy and accurate to press. It does fit with the extended battery, but i left the door off bc the top corner didn't want to snap shut with the ext battery door installed. Carry it in my jeans pocket and it is a bit bulky, but i got used to it quickly. Out of the two i would definitely recommend the kraken, i have read a lot of complaints about the defender screen protector bubbling up and such, can't even tell the kraken screen protector is there. Plus the kraken offers much better dust protection than the defender. I am very happy with it so far, this may actually be the last case i buy, i've only bought about 10 so far lol

OP
J

Janet1025

Reaction score
haven't tried the defender but i am lovin my kraken trident. Very solid, well made case that will stand up to anything. Keeps the phone completely dust free, and the screen is still very responsive, even after leaving my steinheil screen protector on. Buttons still very easy and accurate to press. It does fit with the extended battery, but i left the door off bc the top corner didn't want to snap shut with the ext battery door installed. Carry it in my jeans pocket and it is a bit bulky, but i got used to it quickly. Out of the two i would definitely recommend the kraken, i have read a lot of complaints about the defender screen protector bubbling up and such, can't even tell the kraken screen protector is there. Plus the kraken offers much better dust protection than the defender. I am very happy with it so far, this may actually be the last case i buy, i've only bought about 10 so far lol

Thanks Hemi, but actually you are the reason I am so hesitant on buying the Kraken, you mentioned in your review that you have scratches on the screen protector from normal touchscreen use after just four days, this would DRIVE me crazy and I would take the case right off and it would be a waste of $$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive only bought two holsters and three different order of screen protectors in just three weeks, so Im hesitant on buying just another item that will disappoint!

Thanks again!

Last edited:

fox_dye

Reaction score
Man I have the droid 1 which has the same gorilla glass screen as the x and I have never put a screen protector on it. My phone is beat to hell from dropping it all the time. But my screen is scratch free. Granted I don't keep anything in my pocket with my phone. My phone is 6 months old too. But put one on if you have too. Im like you I can't stand the peeling and bubbling of them so I just said screw them.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

robbiem

Reaction score
Will the kraken trident work with a power mat back? Maybe with reasonable mods?

seminole1994

Reaction score
I got a droid 1 too and no screen prot.. and never gotten a scratch on the screen, now the sides that a different story there beat to **** .. I just got the droid x and I don't plan on putting anything on it either .. These screens are SO much better than they use to be .. There is a video of some dude taking keys and trying to scratch his screen and he can't get it to scratch!

OP
J

Janet1025

Reaction score
Well I was walking outside yesterday with my phone , I work outdoors sort of, and my foot hit a snowbank and almost fell with phone in hand!
Just ordered it in black, someone on here posted a coupon code saving me 20% so I paid 27.96.
I just hope its not too bulky!

Reaction score
Just ordered it in black, someone on here posted a coupon code saving me 20% so I paid 27.96.

So you went with the Kraken?

I'm going to wait and see how the holster is before I buy it, I like the Defender holster and I like the case as well...........but the dust proof feature of the Kraken is nice.

Steve

r3dlined

Reaction score
Ugh we need a nice speck case, but prob will never seen it

OP
J

Janet1025

Reaction score

So you went with the Kraken?

I'm going to wait and see how the holster is before I buy it, I like the Defender holster and I like the case as well...........but the dust proof feature of the Kraken is nice.

Steve

Yes, went with the Kraken, I like the look of the Kraken and just read too much about the loose fitting silicone around the four buttons on the Defender etc.. I saw a sneak peak on Facebook of the Holster, I emailed Kraken about the Holster they said would be ready in a few weeks, they will give me a coupon code for that and the holster will be free shipping...

I will post coupon codes if anyone needs it, and will also post pics and review Kraken when received! I think they are in CA and Im in NY so should take a few days...

DroidXDawg

Reaction score
I've got the seidio innocase rugged with holster. I can't imagine any other case being better. It adds a little bulk, but the phone is big anyway, and protection is to the max...even has a flap cover for the camera!

I don't carry in my pocket and I work outside so the holster with the rugged kit is perfect for me...and trust me, it works!

I am using a Steinhill anti-fingerprint protector with it.