Screen protector and case issue (s7 edge)

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
I have bought a spigen air cushion slim case for my edge. Its ok. Dont know if it was worth it.

Anyways, i bought a zagg invisisheild hd dry as well. Verizon put it on for me. Had a few bubbles but they said they would disappear after a few days. Well now my spigen case is causing the bottom of the screen protector to push up and cause a big bubble.

What can i do? Ive been debating about trimming the case down some in that area enough to where it wont hit the protector but then im wondering if i need another case and send this one back to amazon?

Any suggestions?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'd wager this is an issue that you'll encounter with almost every case out there due to the design of the phone and the need for a case to come around the edge slightly. Depending on the placement and thickness of the screen protector, cases will likely push it on the edges of the curved screen.

I haven't had the issue with the Spigen Slim Armor and this screen protector from Verizon. Probably because the screen protector I'm using is so thin and the edges of the case come down on top of the edges of the screen protector.

OP
F

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
Yeah they offered that to me but zagg had a lifetime replacement..plus has the nano technology in it

Im debating on just trimming the case but then im debating on a otterbox commuter, trident, or uag

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah they offered that to me but zagg had a lifetime replacement..plus has the nano technology in it

Im debating on just trimming the case but then im debating on a otterbox commuter, trident, or uag

My guess is that most/all of those cases will do the same thing. They all offer similar or increased levels of protection, which means the edge of the case will come over the edge of the screen just as much as your current case. If you want to keep the Zagg protector, you might have to go with a thinner case that offers less protection. Definitely keep us informed if you try out other cases.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'll chime in and say the best screen protectors in the case of an edge device will probably be film..there haven't been any glass screen protectors that stay down on the edge ..at least not for my note edge...but tech is always making way...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Experience coming from s6e+ no screen protector ...and enjoy a nice case ...

6s Plus

OP
F

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
Is this spigen air cushion case durable? Or is there something better? If the spigen is ok then i may trim it. Dont want to trim it if i have to send back to amazon.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is this spigen air cushion case durable? Or is there something better? If the spigen is ok then i may trim it. Dont want to trim it if i have to send back to amazon.

By "air cushion case," which Spigen case are you referring to? "Air cushion" is what Spigen uses to describe the type of drop protection they use in several different cases they make. I have the Slim Armor which has air cushion. The Tough Armor also has air cushion.

Either way, most Spigen cases are quite durable. The kickstands on their cases aren't, but the cases themselves are.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

Can't speak to a screen protector because I don't have one, but I absolutely love my Otterbox Commuter case on my S7 Edge. Well worth the $35 (@ Walmart).

EDIT: I have the Symmetry case, not the Commuter.

Last edited:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As someone who has the S6 Edge with the Otterbox Symmetry case and Zagg screen protector, the pushing up of the screen is normal. I have to be very careful if I take my case off when I put it back on, otherwise it will push the screen protector up. The problem is that the case is covering a high portion of the edge, which is great, and the screen protector is covering the whole edge, which is also great. Sadly, two greats don't equal a great experience in this case.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Bakerjw2000

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
My Zagg HD Dry pushes up at the corner cutouts near the Home button and front camera lens with both the Otterbox Commuter and Speck CandyShell Grip cases. Zagg used to make a version of screen protector with a slight cut back on the edges to use with cases. I don't see that style anymore. They claim all their protectors will fit with a case or they'll replace it for the cost of mailing, about $4. I started with the standard Verizon screen protector and it peeled up worse than the Zagg does.

How critical are screen protectors now that new Gorilla glass and such are used on phones?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just about every screen protector for this device will be made useless by just about any case, from what I seen at least.

jplemt

Reaction score
I use the Unicorn Beetle pro by Supcase and a Zagg dry with my S7 edge and it works well together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dpadams6

Reaction score
I have bought a spigen air cushion slim case for my edge. Its ok. Dont know if it was worth it.

Anyways, i bought a zagg invisisheild hd dry as well. Verizon put it on for me. Had a few bubbles but they said they would disappear after a few days. Well now my spigen case is causing the bottom of the screen protector to push up and cause a big bubble.

What can i do? Ive been debating about trimming the case down some in that area enough to where it wont hit the protector but then im wondering if i need another case and send this one back to amazon?

Any suggestions?
Buy the otterbox defender, which has a hard plastic screen protector, built in. Works great and very well protected.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

drfredtx

Reaction score
I'm using an armorsuit screen protector with Spigen Neo-Hybrid with no pushing up anywhere!