Need someone who is good with tasker to answer a question

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
OK I keep my GPS off 99% of the time except of course when I am in the car, I have a Droid X with the Verizon car mount, and here's what I am trying to make happen:

I would like for whenever the phone is in the car mount for the GPS to turn on automatically and the Wifi to turn off automatically.

Easy you say, just have the cardock app be the event that triggers those toggles, well I did that, but when I exit out of the car dock app even while it is still docked it reverts.

I actually hate the car dock app anyways. Is there a way I can stop the car dock app from coming up at all, and toggle the wifi and GPS on the magnet event alone?

sarie

Reaction score
Isn't the car dock app triggered by the magnet in the dock?

There's an official Tasker thread over at XDA started by the dev himself...I dunno if you have checked that out or not, but it could be helpful...

Jovi

Reaction score
There is the power manager. I know it does several things with various profiles. I'm not sure if GPS is one, it's a paid app but you could check it out.

Danariel

Reaction score
You could set your GPS On trigger event to Dock>Car. That way it won't exit when you exit Car Mode. I've set mine to trigger GPS automatically whenever I bring up Car Panel (Droid Incredible, no "Car Dock" for me) Navigation, Maps, Buddy Runner, Places, all the apps I have that use GPS regularly. I had to set each up separately, but they work flawlessly now.

I also have Tasker set so that when I plug in both power (car charger) AND "headphones" (AV jack to my stereo) it brings up Pandora, turns Screen Brightness to Auto, sets Speakerphone On, sets the screen to Stay On, waits 8 seconds, then opens Car Panel. I have an exit task set to Kill Maps, Navigation, Pandora, and Car Panel when I unplug.

Then, for Desk/Alarm clock mode at night, I have Tasker set to trigger on power and time (between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am.) When these conditions are met, it goes into Night Clock. I have another task set to turn off notifications with the same triggers (power and time), but again, I had to set two separate tasks.

Now, as far as wanting no Dock mode at all, I can't help you.

Last edited:

wumpiewoo

Reaction score
Is there a way I can stop the car dock app from coming up at all, and toggle the wifi and GPS on the magnet event alone?

Yes, I hate the CarDock app as well. Right before you do your wifi/gps toggles, insert "Kill App - App CarDock". This worked for me it works great now.

wumpiewoo

Reaction score
You should also check out the Autostarts application, which allows you to stop annoying apps and services from automatically running without your permission. But, its much cooler to do EVERYTHING in tasker. dancedroid

prarobo

Reaction score
I have a question with pandora/google play music and tasker. I wanted to use tasker to switch on my wifi when I start some applications. Pandora and Google play music were two applications in the list. I have widgets for both these applications on my home screen. So most of the times, I directly use the widget buttons. What I realized was if I used the widget to play songs, the wifi is not getting switched on, but if I bring the application up on my screen, the wifi gets switched on and as soon as the application is minimized to the widget, wifi gets switched off again eventhough music is still playing through pandora or googleplay music. Any suggestion on how I can overcome this?