need some much need help: dont kill me im a noob with this

chained22

Reaction score
so i have the HTC rezound and it was rooted when the HTC unlock came out. i have put many different custom romz (sense, senseless, aosp). some where in the middle of putting custom roms on i stumbled into a problem. i recently tried to flash Newts OnE XxX beta (Sense 4 ICS 4.0.3) and img file and got "mainver to old" and i was unable to flash. i also cant let my phone go below 5% battery life or it will not charge or turn back on, then i have to cram the battery in to my wifes incredible and charge for 10-15mins and put it back. i did read a post saying that there has been a 3.8v battery issue, but i check and i have 3.7v. i was told this is a kernel problem, really im not sure. so can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix (Detailed plz im new to this)

OP
chained22

chained22

Reaction score
HTC Misctool [Tool to read/write main version] - xda-developers

this thread has a tool to fix it and discussion on what is going on. you don't sound like that much of a noob so you should be able to operate this tool. hope you can get up and running

ok, thanks. i downloaded this last night and tried to flash it and the only thing i get when flashing is a error, and then it would abort the flash so i tried http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=927706&d=1330664466: supposedly pretty close to the same. i was able to flash it. but, the rom i want to flash has a boot.img that you have to push thru adb ( just wish it was a zip i could flash thru CWM) and i really have no clue how. i have done some research this morning and tried but keep getting "system cannot find path". im not sure what im doing wrong or what im missing. i have the boot.img the tools folder on my C drive in the folder android-sdk-windows. so in Command prompt i would type c:\users\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot flash boot boot.img (this is what it say on the rom page: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/22385-rom-newts-one-xxx-beta-sense-4-ics-403-422012/)

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Not trying to sway you from doing your thing, but if you flash AmonRa instead of CWM you don't have to worry about the battery issue. AmonRa has been favored over CWM for the Rezound because it doesn't have any of the problems CWM had/has.

Also the fastboot command is more or less correct. <path to fastboot>\fastboot flash boot <path to>\boot.img
You have to make sure that you include the path to the boot.img as well as the path to fastboot.
example:
fastboot is in c:\androidsdk
boot.img is in c:\downloads

c:\androidsdk\fastboot flash boot c:\downloads\boot.img

Last edited:
OP
chained22

chained22

Reaction score
OK I'll have to try when I get home. I'm just a little accustom to CWM from my D1, but I can try amon.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums