now im stumped and need answers :(

stabl4life82

Reaction score
so i get a new phone cause for some reason my 16 gig sd card doesnt want to read hardly at all while in recovery in my old phone....it only wants to read when it is booted up normally and then it reads perfect then...but when im in recovery it will say unable to mount sd card and my phone will reboot..i have tried in sprecovery and it will read nandroid error 31 and in clockwork it says unable to mount sd card.....once in a blue moon after i take the battery out numerous times then will it read and finally work but it gets annoying....so i have eliminated it being the phone...i have also gotten a brand new sd card from verizon at first to see if thats what it was and it still did it even after i formatted it as well....this is the catch..i can put a 2 gig memory card in it and it will read fine in recovery every time with no problem...that dont make sense....whats next? please someone help me..i havent had nothing work.....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Strange! Did you partition the SD card and store apps on the SD card?

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
yes bro i have done everything including calling motorola, verizon and sandisk and they have nothing to tell me...i came to a hault with motorola cause i didnt tell them my phone was rooted and in the "regular recovery screen", u cant backup and restore things so i kinda just hung up on her after talking for an hour...i just dont get it y will it read via usb and when the phone is booted up perfect and not in recovery? only my 2 gig will

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
like the sandisk guy just told me, if it is working in standard mode and in usb mode, then the sd card seems like it is functional..i just dont know and it is getting me annoyed that i cant do anything but the same long method just to get to recovery and backup and restore

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
ok update..i went and got another card, which is the 3rd one, and i havent put anything on the card as of yet other than what comes on it when u get it...it is working perfect....but i havent put none of my files on it yet from my computer....idk if i have a really corrupt file that is causing it to fail permanately or what...any suggestions about what i should do to get my info back on my card without it messing up again?