need some help

acoers

Reaction score
Ok I ased this yesterday but didn't get any responses. But my question is how do I setup up my phone so it vibrates for messages in vibrate mode. I have everything set to vibrate mode but all it does when I receive a message is blink the led. Any help would be nice.

markgam

Reaction score
Ok I ased this yesterday but didn't get any responses. But my question is how do I setup up my phone so it vibrates for messages in vibrate mode. I have everything set to vibrate mode but all it does when I receive a message is blink the led. Any help would be nice.

Ok, let's start the discussion with what phone are you talking about?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Open the text messaging app, hit menu/messaging settings/scroll down to notification settings and check the Vibrate check box :)

AZDroid09

Reaction score
If you go to the main Settings(not within messaging) and go to Sound check and see what your setting is for Vibrate

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
Ok I got vibrate as always and I have the silent not checked

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I never use vibrate, but tested it and it didn't work for me for sms either. hmm

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Might I suggest using GOsms. Its what I use and check its settings and can have it just vibrate when receiving. If you do use a 3rd party messaging app remember to turn notifications off in the stock app.

end of line...

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Works on mine though I got tired of not being able to tell a text vibrate from an email vibrate so I disabled vibrations in the Text Messaging app and downloaded and configured Light Flow LED - lite (free version).
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite&feature=search_result

I configured it to vibrate with a different pattern for text messages and to use BLUE for the LED color. Works great as emails double vibrate and blink GREEN while texts triple short vibrate and blink BLUE.

Last edited:
OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
Well how did you make it vibrate for text messages

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Email vibrate doesn't work for me either for my MSN account, and I can't find the option my gmail accounts at all, I did at one time use that on my old Droid. Hmm, maybe I need to put in a support call to VZW and see if they are even aware of issues with this. I don't use vibrate anymore, but hate when things don't work like they should...just in case I decide I need it later