Need recommendation for music app

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
The one I had on my S5 I truly loved but it's not compatible with the 8. I must've tried a dozen of them from the store. Did a google search and 90% of the music apps recommended for the 8+ would NOT install on mine. Not compatible. I'm kind of surprised that more apps on the market haven't been upgraded to play on the 8.. Maybe there's something wrong with my phone. Bummer. Also my 128gb micro sd card got somehow corrupted so all my photos, mp3s and videos stored there are gone. How does a micro sd card get corrupted??? I hate it when stuff doesn't work.

As to the music apps, several of the ones I downloaded didn't have exit buttons. I would think that's pretty basic. Sure when you hit the home button, you'll get back to the home screen but sometimes the band plays on notwithstanding. Just looking for something simple that shows, artists, albums, favorites etc. Doesn't even need an EQ but that would be nice. Getting weary beta testing one after another after another LOL.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
did you try poweramp? according to their website, it should work. they also have a newer v3 available to download if you want to help test.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Yes. Tried that and several of the other top 15 and zip. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something seriously wrong with my phone. I just realized that every download from the Android Market I try comes up with the default popup screen referring to an "ATT SAMSUNG-SM-G900A" which I'm no longer using (traded in GS 5). Now it's an SM-G955A which is the GS8+. Hit the dropdown and there's no other option than my old phone. How do I change it? I feel like a dummy thinking somewhere in the Market there has to be a "change it" switch that I'm missing but damned if I can see it LOL. TI