Need questions answered ASAP, please.

DavidThorne

Reaction score
So I got my HTC Thunderbolt, rooted it, then unrooted it.

What I'm planning on doing is rerooting it, then installing an MR2 based ROM, most likely Plaine Jane. Trying to remain mostly stock, with root. ;)

What I need to know is, can I perform a factory reset after rooting? Will that make me lose root? Also, would I be able to perform a factory reset after installing said ROM and MR2 update?

In addition, what is this MR2.5 update? Is this just a leaked future OTA update?

Thanks in advance!

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Factory reset does not remove root, rom, theme, kernel it just deletes data. The official MR2 ota has been released already so you can restore back to stock rom unroot and update the ota.

"bwwaahhh ttsssss"

OP
D

DavidThorne

Reaction score
I thought you weren't able to reroot once updating to the OTA MR2 update?

OP
D

DavidThorne

Reaction score
So basically if I go into Settings and install any OTA updates the device finds I will be "up to date" and will still be able to reroot my phone? So I don't really need Plaine Jaine? Just making sure.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
You completely wipe everything out when you root. It is completely irrelevant what you are running beforehand.

Sent from my NookColor

OP
D

DavidThorne

Reaction score
This is because when you root, it is downgrading your system or something along those lines, right?