Need one on one help with your new bionic

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We do all we can to provide help to all our members. But if you have an issue that requires that one on one help that we provide here with the rescue squad please see here: Droid Bionic Support

Roderick92

Reaction score
call- volume

people say when i call them or they call me i sound too low, but my call-in volume is on high, any suggestions?

sg1strgt

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm new to the whole rooting scene so be kind. I upgrade to a Bionic a week ago and the only issue I had was all the bloatI can't get rid of and my battery going from 100 to 70 in about an hour! I took a leap of faith and rooted my device and installed the update to .893 and now when I take my phone off the charger, my battery lasts me almost all day (from 5am to about 11am before I get below 50%. MAJOR improvement. My question is now how do I get rid of all the VZW stuff? What program do I use? Where are the applications located? What can be SAFELY removed? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cthebadge38

Reaction score
My favorite program for getting rid of the useless Verizon crap is titanium backup. Not only is it great at getting rid of bloat, but it has saved my life more than once when I soft bricked my phone. You can make a complete backup of your system and all your apps. So basically if you have to flash your phone or factory reset, all you have to do is install this app again and run the restore from your SD card to get all of your apps back. In titanium backup you can freeze any unwanted apps. This removes them from your app drawer and also keeps them from running or updating. I promise you won't be disappointed and if your anything like me, it will save your life more than once.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

B0mb3rr

Reaction score
guys i have a bionic with 5.5.893 and i have never rooted anything
what do i need in order to root it ?

B0mb3rr

Reaction score
also when i go to where all the apps are and press the search button a window pops out saying that the homescreen app has crashed

Stephie Marie

Reaction score
Is this app only for rooted phones? I had no idea rooting a phone would make a difference in the battery life. I steered clear of rooting because I figured I didn't know what I was doing and also VZW wouldn't represent any warranties for a rooted phone.

My favorite program for getting rid of the useless Verizon crap is titanium backup. Not only is it great at getting rid of bloat, but it has saved my life more than once when I soft bricked my phone. You can make a complete backup of your system and all your apps. So basically if you have to flash your phone or factory reset, all you have to do is install this app again and run the restore from your SD card to get all of your apps back. In titanium backup you can freeze any unwanted apps. This removes them from your app drawer and also keeps them from running or updating. I promise you won't be disappointed and if your anything like me, it will save your life more than once.

Joeteck

Reaction score
I just have to say that this is the freakin COOLEST freakin app I have ever used! Titanium Backup Pro! Worth every single penny! And priced right too.. $6.58!

I can freeze all VCAST crap Books, News and weather, or any other unwanted app, and since I use GO LAUNCHER, it removes all of those unwanted apps visually. Now I don't have to flash a new ROM, this is just freakin AMAZING! Finally someone wrote a great application that works perfectly ! ! ! !

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I felt the same way when I rooted and was able to finally try Tibu after hearing all the good comments. I then fell out of my chair after I bootlooped my phone and had to restore with my nandroid backup. I was able to restore via Tibu the data for all my apps, that was awesome LOL

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
What the hell does "rooted" mean? Should I be doing this? I loose battery like crazy, used to have an extended battery that lasted me two days if I was lucky, that broke so now i'm using the regular battery. If I do anything other than make calls or txt it dies down really quickly, won't even last half the day.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

nicolelogan

Reaction score
yes i do need help with my bionic

do not know where to store or move apps that can be moved. What is phone storage vs internal storage and what exactly is on my SD card? It is basically empty.

Ste87ven

Reaction score
saying that the homescreen app has crashed
11.jpg

12.jpg