Need Help!!!

drewwebb

Reaction score
I rooted my droid 2 global with z4root and changed my battery icon.I now want to return my phone to all factory settings like it would be out of the box new.I have uninstalled everything i had downloaded to root my phone and deleted anything i got from droid prirate. I just want my phone back to normal and have everything back the way it was.The only thing still on my phone is the icon and I dont know how to get it gone and make everything right again.

Reaction score
Look at the sticky at the top of the D2G forum about how to SBF your phone. It has everything you need, including step by step directions. You'll have to google for a copy of RSD Lite 4.9, though. You need 4.9 because none of the previous versions support the D2G. It's an easy process, but it tends to run smoother if you do it on a Windows XP machine than a Vista or 7 box.

cyberjess

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm very new to this forum. The reason I joined in, is to get some help from those probably experienced the same with their android phone. I rooted my phone so I could save money from using an internet for my Netbook....like using PDAnet. But last Friday I experienced a glitch, with my phone an LG Optimus V run by Virgin Mobile, there was no internet in it. So i decided to do a factory reset. But to my dismay, it was reset by ClockWorkMod, not by LG Optimus V. I believed the Rom Manager (ClockWorkMod) completely erased my backups as well the built in software provide by Virgin Mobile. Each time I try to turn on the phone, it is stucked wit ColckWorkMod menu. I tried using the LG Emergency Mode, but was unsuccessful! Is there someone out there that has the same problem, perhaps recovered from it? Please help.
Cyberjess

wolfpackdl90

Reaction score
So, I have been rooted for about three or four days with no issues. I had juice defender installed on my phone and everything was working fine. Then last night after my phone had been idle or unused for a few hours. I went to search the internet and there was no data. After about three hours of no data, i proceeded to clear the data from juice defender (then uninstalled), reboot the phone, battery pull, factory reset (lost root), sim card pull, APN default reset, change the data roaming from 4g + 3g to only 3g, and so far no data connectivity. I have been able to get 1x for a little bit, an 3g right after the factory reset, but it goes away before i can login to google. I have already re-rooted the phone to see if that would help and still no connectivity and did another SIM card pull. Should i flash a custom rom and new radio? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated it.

wolfpackdl90

Reaction score
juice defender disables your data connection when the screen is off, and after about three hours of idle time, i unlock my phone and no data connection for a few hours, ended up resetting the access point name again and rebooting the phone, and allowed it to sit over night (was not patient the first time i reset it)...........

MrKleen

Reaction score
Wow... All that work because of a stupid program.

I would get rid of juice defender for a few reasons. 1. Its not needed. 2. Its not needed.

Since you are rooted, install Das Bamf "Side project 2.4" gingerbread rom and never look back!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, I have been rooted for about three or four days with no issues. I had juice defender installed on my phone and everything was working fine. Then last night after my phone had been idle or unused for a few hours. I went to search the internet and there was no data. After about three hours of no data, i proceeded to clear the data from juice defender (then uninstalled), reboot the phone, battery pull, factory reset (lost root), sim card pull, APN default reset, change the data roaming from 4g + 3g to only 3g, and so far no data connectivity. I have been able to get 1x for a little bit, an 3g right after the factory reset, but it goes away before i can login to google. I have already re-rooted the phone to see if that would help and still no connectivity and did another SIM card pull. Should i flash a custom rom and new radio? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated it.

*228 that will update your tower automatically..worked for me when I had that issue and do it like clockwork after flashing daily..lol you prolly already knew this but worth a shot..by the way option 2 when you get the prompt..:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Stromboni

Reaction score
*228 that will update your tower automatically..worked for me when I had that issue and do it like clockwork after flashing daily..lol you prolly already knew this but worth a shot..by the way option 2 when you get the prompt..:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

In another thread, dialing *228 was cautioned against due to the fact that dialing *228 is primarily for 3G phones and using that function can drastically upset the 4G connection that Thunderbolts have.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
I have been told several times by Verizon to never do *228 on a TBolt.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
Ya... I don't know why people keep recommending that folks do that.

Sometimes you just want to beat your head against a wall.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe someday, we'll all be as knowledgeable as you. I think he was just trying to help.

CM74D2-GB

MrKleen

Reaction score
I don't know if this is correct or not but it says you guys own D2's. Would it be helpful if we came over there and told you to flash a new RUU to fix your problem?

Also you may not have noticed what the solution to the original posters problem was...... He posted it above. So why would someone want to ruin their sim card after they already fixed their problem?