Need help with Wi Fi

hydro556

Reaction score
Great forum. This is my first post, and the Droid is my first smart phone. I really am digging it but am still trying to figure out most of it.

I am trying to get connected via my home wireless network. When I set it up, it indicates that the Droid is connected, but I cannot access any web pages or run a speed test. If I turn off the wifi, it connects via 3G and everything works. Can someone help out a new guy?

Thanks

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Hi I had the same problem and it is posted in another thread but I won't reply to tell you to do a search like I got.

The problem I had is that I Had WEP security with AES. For somereason the droid can't handle AES. If you switch it to TKIP (which is not as secure but personaly I think its enough but you must decide that on your own) then I was able to connect and browse. Just be aware if you have anthing like a range extender or printer (like me) you will need to reconfigure those. You other connections (PC, droid) should be good to go.

Good Luck!

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
I am looking but not finding where I can adjust those settings? Is it under "WiFi settings"?

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Sorry

Those settings are on your wireless router. You will need to reference the
doc for your wireless router on how to change that.