Need Help with the New Update

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Okay, So I've read that I need to SBF back to FROYO and then install the OTA Gingerbread, THEN install the new update to Cyanogen. Right now I'm already in Cyanogen.

Here's where I'm running into a snag, I haven't SBF'd in a while, so I'm a bit rusty. But I've turned USB debugging on. went to USB Mode and looked for PC mode, but it only showed the options: Portal & Tools, Windows Media Sync, Memory Card Access, and Charge Only.

I guessed PC Mode had been taken over by the words Portal and Tools, So I turned it to that, then rebooted my phone and powered it on while holding the up arrow.

Now in RSD Lite 4.8 I selected the SBF file I downloaded (VRZ_A955_2.3.2_1FF_01.sbf) but the device status never went off of "Connected..."

It won't allow me to start, so the question is really,

What did I do wrong? Or what can I do to fix this?

idefiler6

Reaction score
Boot into recovery, do a factory reset then power down and start that process again. Hold the up arrow and power to get into boot loader, connect the usb AFTER, then run RSD lite and you should be able to see your device connected and select the file you want to run in the SBF.

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
If I understand this right I do this:

Recovery to factory reset, reboot into CM7, choose Portal and tools in USB, turn debugging on, turn off phone, boot into boot loader, connect usb, turn on RSD lite, and go from there?

idefiler6

Reaction score
Charge Only should be fine, I doubt you need to muck with the usb setting other than debugging. Otherwise you appear to be good to go.

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Alright, well Now I'm bootlooping. Soooo Yeah. I just see Cyanogen mod circle going around and around

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Managed to get into Boot Loader Menu. Stilll says Connected... as Status, can't hit start still

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Okay, now I've gotten it to boot to Cyanogen, setup crashed, leaving me at a black screen. Ideas?

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Close this, got it solved. Used the CD SBF tool. Worked like a CHARM.