Need help with Tasker

artshark

Reaction score
hey guys. I just got tasker so I can have my phone on vibrate when I am in class. How do I do this?I want to set simple time based rules, ie. on MWTh between 8:30 and 5:30, switch to silent profile. tasker seems very powerful but overly syntax oriented. how would i write such a 'program'?
thanks,
Art

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
All you have to do is add a time context setting the times you want. Add the audio task to set silent mode. Click done. Then add a day context to this context selecting Monday through Friday.

Simple!

OP
A

artshark

Reaction score
All you have to do is add a time context setting the times you want. Add the audio task to set silent mode. Click done. Then add a day context to this context selecting Monday through Friday.

Simple!
I did that and it shows in the notification bar its active and it is still not performing as i want to, ie if i get a text its not silent!
this is what the task shows
one square with the days selected [MWTh]
one square with the time range [8:30-5:30]
One with the task, a green square showing the silence phone option.
what is set up wrong? thanks so much

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6

Simple!
I did that and it shows in the notification bar its active and it is still not performing as i want to, ie if i get a text its not silent!
this is what the task shows
one square with the days selected [MWTh]
one square with the time range [8:30-5:30]
One with the task, a green square showing the silence phone option.
what is set up wrong? thanks so much

OK, I believe that all you need to do is add the task Audio > Notification Volume then set the slider to 0.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
In fact, you may find it works better by instead of using Audio > Silent Mode you use Ringer Volume and Notification Volume.

If you set these volumes to the level you want when this profile is not active, they will return to that level once this profile expires every day.

Alternately, you could add an exit task to this profile that sets these volume levels to specific values. This isn't really necessary, or at least it shouldn't be. Once the profile expires the volume levels are supposed to revert to the levels they were at when the profile became active. But some people prefer having an exit task.

keithsmith22

Reaction score
Tasker Question

OK, folks I have a question regarding Tasker. I need to know if you can change the Camera Button to act as the Power/Sleep button that is on top. My top button is worn out and is hard to press now so I am having issues. I don't want to take my phone in for repair because I would have to unroot and then they would probably send me a crappy replacement phone. I like mine the way it is. If someone could help out that would be great. Thanks in advance.

keithsmith22

Reaction score
I way that I did it was dealing with GPS and Time Constraints. Basically, if I am within 500m of xGPS coordinate between 7:30 am - 3:30 pm then do this. This what I do for work so it will only be off then. So if I take a day off or something it doesn't automatically set itself to be silent and me not know it.

BTW.....Do you know if I can use my camera button to act the same as my Power/Sleep button. My top button is messed up so I need to route its duties to another button and that seems to be the best choice.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you didnt get the profile, let me know and ill make a quick one and upload it

keithsmith22

Reaction score

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there are some functions that android will not let apps control. i believe this is one of them.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
haha actually i just made one

event:hardware:button-camera
and add display>turn on

worked for me on my DX

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score