need help with pictures

danh63

Reaction score
Ok, I have looked and looked. Here is what I am trying to do. I want to have a folder for pictures that show up in the gallery and another for pictures I have to goto the folder to view. Could do this on my BB so I am sure it can be done with my Droid. Just can't seem to figure it out!

eliassami5

Reaction score
oh so you wanna hide dirty pictures?

Droid can do...just make a file on your sd card and name it whatever you want, but make sure to put a period (.) in front of the file name. This will make it invisible to the DROID and whatever you put in there will not be read.
If you want to then view the files in that folder you simply use Astro or whatever file manager you want to go to that folder.

OP
D

danh63

Reaction score
A folder or file? And yes :) I have been trying to access my sd card. I download astro but cant find the sd card on there. I know this is a newbie problem but I am trying!:icon_ banana:

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
A folder or file? And yes :) I have been trying to access my sd card. I download astro but cant find the sd card on there. I know this is a newbie problem but I am trying!:icon_ banana:
If you are not rooted the SD card is the folder astro opens in also known as the root. You can make a folder in there and follow the directions above.

Sent from my Droid

OP
D

danh63

Reaction score
ALL FIXED! thanks for your help

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...or stick a .nomedia file in any folder you don't want automatically scanned.