Need help with Personal Dictionary Forgetting Words!

mattl2

Reaction score
My problem is that words I have saved to the phone's Personal Dictionary are constantly disappearing. For example, most recently I was writing a text message and in the body used my Friend's name, "Nayeli" a name I type regularly and I am absolutely positive was until recently recognized by my phone. And this is only one example - my phone frequently does not recognize words that it used to, that I have at one point added to the personal dictionary. So I have to add the word again. When this started happening, the first thing I assumed was that the personal dictionary itself got deleted. But I checked, and it is still there.

This is actually a replacement Incredible 2 which I have had for a few months now. My previous Incredible 2 had many bugs so I was able to use my warranty and get this one as a replacement. I say this because both phones have had this same problem with forgetting words I have saved to the dictionary.

I keep everything up to date. My phone is running Android 2.3.4. I just sent the same question directly to HTC, but from experience, I know that they are very likely just going to tell me to remove all of my apps and very slowly replace them while seeing if the problem persists, But that is a massive pain. Does anyone have better advice?