Need help with LG Ally

Kiser

Reaction score
My LG Ally isn't letting me receive text messages. It tells me my text message memory is full. I have cleared my inbox multiple times, set my max number of texts per thread higher, and changed the number of media messages possible. I don't know what else to try. Does anyone know what I could do to fix it. I would prefer not to have to go to the Verizon store to fix it but if that's what has to be done then ok.

wsteyskal

Reaction score
Fix to low storage & text message failure for lg ally

First - update system & roaming capabilities. (Verizon Customers dial *228 send - option 2. It will update your settings and improve your system)

Second - clear cookies in the browser. This may not be the root of the problem to low storage, but it helps. Open browser - settings - more - settings - clear cookies. Might wanna clear history and cache too. Depending on how often you browse should determine how often you should clear the cookies. *Bear in mind, when you clear cookies you will clear saved passwords and usernames*

Third - Check signature option in text app. This issue seems to be the root issue for a full text message memory. Please don't ask why. Open text messaging app and go to settings and check the signature box. You don't need a signature, you just need the signature option checked.

This should do it.

Last edited: