Need help with internal memory

Relig

Reaction score
I a rooted Droid eris. My internal memory is at 15mb :( ... I have like 7 contacts and not that many apps, I don't understand what's takin up space. I have like gigabytes free on my memory card, but it seems like its not bein used ... help please!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You also need to consider the data and cache that your apps store in internal memory.

The SD card isn't really relevant unless you are on Froyo or have some sort of app2sd solution. The SD card does not expand your internal memory.

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
Well I read everywhere how ppl are runnin a lot of apps...a lot more than me is for sure, so how is that? I understand I need to keep my cache clear, but 7apps seems a lil ridiculous to already be toppin my memory out... idk ?? :/

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
go to your browser settings and Clear your browser history, cookies, and cache. That should make a difference.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
It isn't the number of apps, it is the size of those apps. There are quite a few larger apps out there, which with the limited internal space on the Eris, they can become an issue. Take a look at Settings > Applications > Manage Applications Once there, press the menu button and click "Sort by size". The larger apps will reside at the top of your list. 7 apps does seem a little extreme to be taking you over the limit though.

Since a lot of phones coming out didn't skimp as much on the internal memory plus with Froyo's ability to put Apps2SD (sort of haha), apps keep getting more and more complex.

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
Thanks for that reply 86...that got me to 20mb free...how much do you have? Rooted or anything??

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Didn't the Eris come with 256M like the Droid? I have at least 50 apps and still have over 100M free. What 7 apps do you have installed? Seems like a lot of memory usage for that few number of apps.

droidilac

Reaction score
I use cachemate from the market... Works for me... There are a lot of apps that are big in size and on top of it take up a lot of "data/cache" memory...

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
* Thanks for all the help so far *

What 7 apps do you have installed? Seems like a lot of memory usage for that few number of apps.
Sorted from largest to smallest size wise
#1. Contacts Storage - 25.53MB
#2. Angry Birds Beta - 13.12MB
#3. Twitter - 11.62MB
#4. Maps - 5.88
#5 HTC_IME_mod - 5.40 ( That was a file I used to root with )
#6 Mail - 4.22 MB
#7. Astro File Manager - 3.45MB

Ok theres more than 7, maybe like 20? My fault. Angry Birds, AppBrain, Astro, Beatiful Widgets, eoeAppInstaller Pro, Maps, MixZing, Notes, Pandora, Scanner Radio, ScoreCenter, Shazam, Twitter, Video Player, Wake Up!, and Wireless Teether. I filtered my Apps by Downloaded.

When I get home Ill try that AppBrain idea and see what shows me. In the mean time, should I maybe consider looking into Froyo so I can actually utilize my SD card?

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
Thanks for that reply 86...that got me to 20mb free...how much do you have? Rooted or anything??

No problem man. My mom had the same problem. she had like 8mb left and when I had her do what I told you she was back up to 90mb.

I have 168mb left and have 19 apps from the market installed. Yes, I am rooted check me sig for info.