Need help with exchange server issue

mjs27541

Reaction score
So I'm at my wits end trying to get my work my work exchange account up and running on anything but stock GB 2.3. I've flashed the 232 ICS leak, as well as Eclipse ROM 3.0, and neither one lets me connect. On the 232 leak, I get an error message that says the exchange server's security policy only allows so many devices to associate with my account. I've gone into OWA and manually deleted every device that is associated with my account, started from scratch, same problem. I've tried connecting using the Touchdown app, that won't work. Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like Touchdown only supports ActiveSync, as well as Exchange sever 2007 and 2003 (my agency is running Exchange server 2010, and I don't believe our security policy supports ActiveSync). When I'm running Eclipse, it just won't let me connect at all. I can almost understand not being able to connect with the ICS leaks, since from the reading I've done it appears that GB actually supports more Exchange security policies than ICS. But I'm at a loss with Eclipse not letting me connect, since I understand that to be a GB based ROM. I've tried clearing the account data and cache, as well as deleting the account and starting fresh, all to no avail. Every time I go back to stock 905, I'm able to connect without any problems. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this fixed, or are there any other decent GB based ROMS that anyone can recommend?

Maddog241

Reaction score
I am no expert on this, but I have an Exchange email account working fine on my ICS Bionic with Exchange 2010 on the server side. It worked on .232 when I had that and it works on .246 which I have now. I am running the stock ROM. It does work

mardoon

Reaction score
I am on leak .246 but I use enhanced email and work server is exchange 2010. Check your certs. Also try touchdown app.
Good luck.

OP
mjs27541

mjs27541

Reaction score
I figure it must be a server side issue, but can't fathom why GB would support more security policies than ICS. I've done a bit of research and that seems to be the case. I also noticed that on 905 it lists Motorola Corporate Sync (or something close to that) as an administrator on my phone but not on the ICS leak, and I can't find the comparable app on ICS, it only gives me the option to add Admin Notifier as an administrator. I've also got a Hotmail account which is set up as a corporate account, which works fine on 232. I'm reading that there are several Active Sync/Exchange issues with ICS that don't exist on GB or JB (which we're never going to officially get).

OP
mjs27541

mjs27541

Reaction score
Touchdown wouldn't work for me either. I've never had to install any special certs when setting it up on stock 905, so I'm not sure why I would need one on ICS (though I'm far from an expert with Exchange).

QUOTE=mardoon;2285500]I am on leak .246 but I use enhanced email and work server is exchange 2010. Check your certs. Also try touchdown app.
Good luck.[/QUOTE]

vovers1

Reaction score
I have heard that there is a feature on exchange server side that can detect jailbreak and rooted devices and block access. Or is not setup do DAT in our company.
I an using touchdown with ICS and active synch on RAZR. Started using ICS this month.
During setup I had options for exchange synch options.