Need help transferring Apps to replacement DroidX

mouse59

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm
new to the forum. My GPS would randomly not work requiring a complete power off and power back on to restore functionality. I finally got the phone replaced but wanted to transfer everything from my old phone to the new. One place on the web said to transfer all Apps to the SD card. I did that, but they are not showing up on the new phone. What am I doing wrong? I need to return the old phone so need an answer ASAP. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ALOHA welcome to the forum. if its apps from the market u can just add ur same gmail acct and should be there. are these 3rd party apps?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The apps are tied to your Google account. As are contacts. Just sign into the new phone and the apps/contacts should sync within about 30 minutes.

OP
M

mouse59

Reaction score
The Apps are from the Market, they are not 3rd party. I have logged into gmail/google account. They are not there. I'm confused. :frown:

OP
M

mouse59

Reaction score
BTW, My contacts came over just fine.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

Sorry to say I have never transfered apps like that to know the ins and outs. Are you able to search for the apps and download them? I know it stinks but at least then you can get them back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
M

mouse59

Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. It's time consuming if I have to re-download/install all the apps I had.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only program that will auto-install all your old apps including non-market apps without you having to give permission for each one is Titanium Backup's paid version. If you go into the market on your phone and hit the menu button, then My Apps, all your old apps should be listed and you can download them again.

OP
M

mouse59

Reaction score
The only apps that show up are the ones installed on the new phone, not the ones I had downloaded previously on the old phone.:mad: Oh well, guess I get to start over. Thanks everyone for trying.