Need Help: "The Application Settings Has Stopped Unexpectedly. Please Try Again"

JayC'sIncredible

Reaction score
Hi Gang!

This is driving me crazy. Whenever I go to the Settings Menu and tap "Wireless and Networks" I get this box:

Sorry!
The application Settings(Process com.android.settings)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
FORCE CLOSE

What can I do? Is there an application I need to uninstall? A clean re-boot?

I've pulled the battery and I'm coming from Blackberry Storm 2(advanced user)so forgive me when it comes to troubleshooting Android OS's.

It's not allowing me to access my wireless network preferences or Bluetooth at all. It's also preventing my Macbook Pro from finding and syncing with my phone through Bluetooth.

Any help or assistance you can provide would be great!

chrisxgordon

Reaction score
The application Settings(Process com.android.settings)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
I found a similar issue here: http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/42618-com-android-settings-has-stopped-unexpectedly-help.html. This girl tried deleting some apps and doing a battery pull and her phone worked normally afterwards.

I found another similar issue, at APN Error - com.android.settings dies [FIXED] - Android @ MoDaCo. Though his issue is not the exact same as yours, it does appear to be very similar in the sense that you both cannot access your settings menus. He recommended an application called APN Backup & Restore. Although, I'm not personally familiar with the app, it might be worth looking into. For more information about APN Backup & Restore: APN Backup & Restore - Android Stuff

I wish I could be of more assistance, but those are the only two solutions which I have run across so far. I would give those a try or try calling Verizon. Good luck with this issue.

Last edited: