Need help rooting and unlocking bootloader

jchammer123

Reaction score
So I've been doing some research on unlocking and rooting my new Rezound. Everything I've found seems to be slightly different from the last page. I had my D1 rooted and all the goodness on it, but things seem to be much more complicated on the newer phones so I just am looking for some help before I go ahead.

Can anyone help me with this or provide me a detailed step by step that they used? I have a windows vista computer if that helps.

I unlock the bootloader first, correct? One site said I need to make a backup before unlocking the bootloader, but I don't know how to create a backup without root.

I really just want to make sure I do this right, as I don't feel like messing it up, lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

pickaxe300

Reaction score
Please!?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Check in the main forums, the top 5 or 6 will get you through with ease! Just make sure to follow the instructions in each OP. If you still need help, send me a message and i will give ya a hand! Hope you get it going. It is extreemly simple to do, just have to follow the steps to avert any problems.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It sounds so much more difficult than my good ol Droid, lol.

pickaxe300

Reaction score
It sounds a lot worse than it actually is though. The biggest part is probably going to be the unlocking of the hboot. Just use the tool, and follow the instructions it gives you. When you cut and paste your token, make sure to cut the spaces out of it.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
When I start the process on htcdev.com, will it walk me through it or do I need to know how to do it before hand?

gerland

Reaction score
rezound rooting,

Good morning, i am completly new here, i have a new rezound thru verizon i would like too unlock and root, i have tried 10 times to unlock at the HTC.DEV site to no avail as it keeps saying iam missing some dll or something when i get to step 8 where you type into the cmd box, i prviusly owned a fascinate which i was able to root but that was using a diff computer i now have a samsung rv511-ua laptop running windows ultimate and am using malware antibytes and microsft security if any of that matters? as you can tell this stuff is new for this guy! so any straight foward links to my email at [email protected] that are simply press start and go would be great!! have tried also with no avail, super one click, one click, and one other i found but it did not do it!. Thank you for your paitence and if iam posting wrong or something PLEASE let me know!.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Good morning, i am completly new here, i have a new rezound thru verizon i would like too unlock and root, i have tried 10 times to unlock at the HTC.DEV site to no avail as it keeps saying iam missing some dll or something when i get to step 8 where you type into the cmd box, i prviusly owned a fascinate which i was able to root but that was using a diff computer i now have a samsung rv511-ua laptop running windows ultimate and am using malware antibytes and microsft security if any of that matters? as you can tell this stuff is new for this guy! so any straight foward links to my email at [email protected] that are simply press start and go would be great!! have tried also with no avail, super one click, one click, and one other i found but it did not do it!. Thank you for your paitence and if iam posting wrong or something PLEASE let me know!.

Unfortunately there is no one click option for this. You need to do the work yourself and to help out as much as possible, I've attached the only 4 files you need to unlock. From here, take your time, ask questions(please post any output you have questions about), and enjoy.

Attachments

• CarePackage.zip
    241.3 KB · Views: 279