Help unlocking the Bootloader....

Reaction score
I really need a good step-by-step instructions on the SDK part when unlocking the bootloader. Thanks in advance! :)

I gave in and decided to unlock the bootloader and root my Galaxy Nexus.DancingNexus

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
read through a few of the newer pages where i had my issues lol,
other than the drivers it went well, the kicked my butt, there is a link in there for the pda driver you will likely need, that was my issue.
its not included in the op.
i followed the directions on the link pages in the op

OP
N
Reaction score
Okay, I followed those instructions but got stuck on #10. In the "Variable values" section, add at the very end the location of the tools & package-tools folder, with a semicolon separating these two paths from the rest, e.g. %SystemRoot%;C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools;C:\android-sdk-windows\tools.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i saw your link, i didnt prefer it over the one i used.

you have to change that path to your path if it doesnt exactly match, this is what mine looks like,
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_02\bin\;C:\android-sdk\platform-tools;C:\android-sdk\tools;C:\android-sdk\

may be more than needed but its not hurting anything

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
On the bootloader.....I'm stuck on "waiting on device" and I followed the directions but didn't do nothing.

in adb type "adb devices" (no quotes), if nothing is returned its the pda driver not installed right.
im not going to be much help with that, i managed to unlock my phone but i have to play with the driver every time to get it working and after 6 hours of trying the other day, i still dont know what the issue is.

OP
N
Reaction score
in adb type "adb devices" (no quotes), if nothing is returned its the pda driver not installed right.
im not going to be much help with that, i managed to unlock my phone but i have to play with the driver every time to get it working and after 6 hours of trying the other day, i still dont know what the issue is.

Okay, I didn't know unlocking the bootloader can be so difficult.