Need help restoring GB backup from ICS rom. HELP!!!

jchammer123

Reaction score
So I decided to try an ICS rom and installed Cleanrom 2.2(ICS). I want to restore my backup of Ineffabilis 1.0(GB). I tried to download the kernel from the OP on the Ineffabilis 1.0 page and thought I could figure out how to flash it since it was a .zip, (too used to my D1 days I guess), but I can't. I even tried to install the Ineffabilis rom from scratch and then I would just restore the backup from there but that didn't work either. I looked in the OP and saw that I should flash the stock rooted kernel from the Ineffabilis rom in bootloader, but I can't find any instructions on how to do that. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
So this is what I did. I flashed Cleanrom 1.6(GB) and then it reboots into the bootloader for automatic install of the kernel. Ineffabilis doesn't do this. So once I had a GB rom on my phone that was up and running I then restored my backup of Ineffabilis and it worked except for the kernel. I can at least boot it up and everything works except for wifi. Where I would normally turn wifi on, it just show ERROR underneath. So.....I still need help with this kernel thing. I've searched but cant find anything that says how to do it from the bootloader.

Insidious

Reaction score
Sorry I can't be of some help, actually wondering the same thing. Hopefully everything gets worked out.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
I've searched everything and can't find anything that actually explains what I need to do.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really wish that the wonderful Developers (and I mean wonderful and I'm thank full for all there work) would just put a caution letting everyone know that flashing to ICS will change things in your phone that are reasonably advanced to fix. I'm glad both you guys got your phones atleast booting so they can charge. Your getting a wifi error and when you try to flash a proper kernel it fails.

It fails because HTC wont let you down grade and you changed your mainver to and ICS version. 4point something or other. you need your mainver to be lower then the kernel you want to flash. Read this, and get as much info as you can, and be ready to Ruu back to stock.

[GUIDE] Fix Mainver Error - xda-developers
Before you go and do this have a plan figured out, weather its Ruu back to stock or just attempting to flash the proper kernel for your ROM,

Gods speed gentleman I'm off to work now.

And as always I hope someone smarter then me will point out any mistakes I've made, or add any info I missed.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
I really wish that the wonderful Developers (and I mean wonderful and I'm thank full for all there work) would just put a caution letting everyone know that flashing to ICS will change things in your phone that are reasonably advanced to fix. I'm glad both you guys got your phones atleast booting so they can charge. Your getting a wifi error and when you try to flash a proper kernel it fails.

It fails because HTC wont let you down grade and you changed your mainver to and ICS version. 4point something or other. you need your mainver to be lower then the kernel you want to flash. Read this, and get as much info as you can, and be ready to Ruu back to stock.

[GUIDE] Fix Mainver Error - xda-developers
Before you go and do this have a plan figured out, weather its Ruu back to stock or just attempting to flash the proper kernel for your ROM,

Gods speed gentleman I'm off to work now.

And as always I hope someone smarter then me will point out any mistakes I've made, or add any info I missed.

I really appreciate the information. I did end up learning that I updated my mainver and that's why it was failing. I figured out that I need to run a ROM that is based on after the ota update. This is fine as I'm sure most roms from here on out will be based on this version.

Also,I did learn that Scott does tell people in his ROM thread that flashing this will update your mainver, I just didn't pay attention. Too used to the easy flashing of the d1 I guess.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this would work, but you might try redownloading the PH98IMG.zip from Innefibilis 1.0, change the mainver in that file, to the same one in CleanROM 2.2.
Once you've flashed your backup, do a batterypull and go into recovery and then fastboot the updated PH98IMG.zip.
Want more help on changing the mainver? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...r-problems-not-anymore.html?highlight=mainver

If that doesn't work, make a copy of the boot image on your phone, as is.
[GUIDE] Fix Mainver Error - xda-developers Follow steps 1-7
Then replace the boot image in your backup, using the same 7-zip File Manager and copy back to your SD card and reflash.

Good luck and if you try this, be sure to report back.

I recommend copying the backup of your rom to your computer before trying any of this.

, before trying any of this b

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the information. I did end up learning that I updated my mainver and that's why it was failing. I figured out that I need to run a ROM that is based on after the ota update. This is fine as I'm sure most roms from here on out will be based on this version.

Also,I did learn that Scott does tell people in his ROM thread that flashing this will update your mainver, I just didn't pay attention. Too used to the easy flashing of the d1 I guess.

Even if you updated your mainver, all you need to do is manually flash the kernel. Manual flashing doesn't bother with mainver.