Need help please.

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
I'm no noob per say to the whole hacking of Android. I've had a D1 since it's launch and have been messing with it ever since... I now have a DX and I know it's a whole different ball game with the installing of custom ROMs and whatnot. My DX is rooted, but I now would like to install a custom ROM. My question is HOW!? I don't wanna brick my phone, I know there's this "BootStrap" thing but don't know what it's used for, do I still use ROM Manager? I'm lost as a noob and I really hate it. There are no stickys ANYWHERE that address this for me. So I'm asking if I wanted to install TranQ 3.0 on my DX how do I go about it? Thanks in advance! dancedroid

puck3511

Reaction score
Make sure you have an sbf file handy because no it's not really the same. I just got my dx and tried to install rubix and went into bootloop and now theres no way to get into recovery

puck3511

Reaction score
I think maybe i didnt have clockwork flashed but im not sure..still trying to get rsd lite working good luck man

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That thread will tell you what you need -- if you don't really need ROM Manager/clockwork -- but it stresses being familiar with using RSD Lite because if something goes really haywire it will be your best friend. :)

puck3511

Reaction score
any suggestions on why when i flash sbf it goes all the way and then says " FAIL " at the end?

OP
HemiDroid03

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
I'm pretty familiar with RSDLite... just need to find a 2.2 SBF and latest RSD... I'll leave it for tomorrow, thanks guys.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
any suggestions on why when i flash sbf it goes all the way and then says " FAIL " at the end?

Are you using the latest SBF?

I'm pretty familiar with RSDLite... just need to find a 2.2 SBF and latest RSD... I'll leave it for tomorrow, thanks guys.

Good deal. Good luck! :)

mjdurango

Reaction score
There may be a way. Try this. First to stop the boot loop pull the battery. Now plug your phone in.Once you have your phone plugged in and the battery back in, power up the phone and don't touch anything. With any luck your phone will boot into clockwork recovery. If this works then do this. go down to mounts then mount the system.Now back out and pick the Rom from your SD card. Well I hope that helps you. Good luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

puck3511

Reaction score
Yes i am and i got rsd to work finnally and it got to 84% and said battery was to low to program AAAHHHHH!!! so i just fried the battery and took it back to store and got a new one..time to start all over LOL

puck3511

Reaction score
that didnt work but THANK YOU for replying and trying to help..i ended up getting a different DX from store