need help please

magicman11

Reaction score
my bionic died and they sent me a new one how do i get my apps and contacts back? does it automatically back up to my account?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
you can get your apps back by going to market.android.com on your PC and logging in.. pretty simple.
contacts are backed up either in Backup Assistant if you signed up for it or in your google acct, which you have to log into first when you get the replacement device.

PAID apps will be in the market on your phone under "My Apps"

nothing to fear, it's a fairly easy task to set it all up when the new phone arrives.

OP
M

magicman11

Reaction score
how the hell do i get my contacts(i didnt sign up for backup assistant) i dont get it and how do i transfer the apps from the site to my phone? i mainly just need my contacts it seems like ive tried everything

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
you log into your google acct on the new phone and it syncs your contacts.
you log into market.android.com after you activate the new device and have the apps download to it.

pretty simple

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how the hell do i get my contacts(i didnt sign up for backup assistant) i dont get it and how do i transfer the apps from the site to my phone? i mainly just need my contacts it seems like ive tried everything

On your phone go to Menu/Settings/Privacy and make sure that both Backup and Restore are checked. I've been putting a different rom (operating system) on my Droid daily and Google has been hitting 100% on reinstalling my apps (both free and paid) to my new setup. And your contacts are tied to you gmail account and will restore as well. After signing in with your gmail account info on the new phone, just set the phone aside and leave it alone for about 15 - 30 minutes. It will download and install the apps automatically.

Good luck.

Edit: Sorry didn't catch the part about your phone died. So you are tied to whatever was already checked on your dead Bionic. But I think having those two items checked is default so it should still work for you.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
And it only saves them to your account if you select your account when you add the contact. If you select to save it to the phone/don't have backup assistant, then you will lose the contacts. Don't use backup assistant and just be sure to ALWAYS save to an account and never to the phone. Also it's good to invest in something like Titanium Backup, which will backup not only your apps but how they're all set up and everything. You have to root to use it, but you can always unroot after if you don't want to keep it and it's still an easier process than downloading everything on the market again and organizing it the way it was.

OP
M

magicman11

Reaction score
Well i got apps back but guess im screwed for getting my contacts back, signed into gmail account and didn't get back my contacts

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about backup assistance for your contacts?

--Beamed from DROID BIONIC--

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
OP I'm telling ya, don't go with backup assistant. I've heard pretty bad things about it. Not to mention it only does contacts pretty much and as long as you save those under your account when you add them in, it's completely unnecessary and just another piece of Verizon bloat advertising to put on your phone...