Need help on picking ROMs...

wdcspurs

Reaction score
I was having issue with my Droid X, so said the hell with it and got the Gingerbreaded rooted and am looking for a ROM at this point. I purchased the Liberty toolbox app for $5 and was attempting to install the Liberty Gingerbread but it turned an error when trying to install. Can someone point me in the direction of the best ROMs to put on the phone. I have my phone backed up and using titanium backup as well, so just waiting to find a stable ROM that people suggest. Eveyone has suggested Libeerty ROMs, but for whatever reason it wouldnt install. Could i install the Liberty that isnt for Gignerbread, even since I have Gignerbread on my phone at this point? Are there sites or places I can go to to find ROMS to throw on my SD card and unzip through bootstrap form there?

chaos254

Reaction score
which liberty were you trying to install? If your on GB you want liberty .09. You can find most of the roms available on this site or at least the link to download them.

OP
wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Reaction score
which liberty were you trying to install? If your on GB you want liberty .09. You can find most of the roms available on this site or at least the link to download them.

I was trying to put Liberty .9 from the Rom toolbox app I bought. It got into bootstrap and looked like it was done downloading, but said it couldnt due to an error. It was logged and I reported it through ROM Manager. I just however updated my phone yesterday to Gingerbread .602. I found instructions on here to do it without losing root and was successful. can I still go to Liberty .9 from the .602?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can still use Liberty over .602. Find the Liberty file in your file manager, then rename it with a .zip at the end. Then use DROID 2 bootstrap and flash it manually. That's what I had to do with Liberty v.09 and Justice.

Also, you might try Darkslide. Its an awesome ROM but unfortunately doesn't get much exposure on this forum.

Random ROM'd X

Sciurus

Reaction score
I gotta say, I'm lovin' me some MIUI right now. It doesn't get talked about much in this forum for some reason, but on my phone it's fast, it's stable, the battery life is good and the customization options are ridiculous. It's a 2nd-init ROM, so you'd have to SBF back to Froyo, but once you do that you can try CM7 and Liquid, too.

immortal_ben

Reaction score
Ok I just tried MIUI. Couldnt get that crap off of my phone fast enough. Been runnin rubiX for a while now, but got bored with it. Am now dl Liberty. MIUI was poo. YMMV