Need help moving pictures from LG Ally to Windows 7

LoveLauraEllen

Reaction score
I've looked all over the internet to try to find a way to move my pictures from my LG Ally to Windows 7 and found nothing. I can get as far as unmounting the memory card but the computer still won't recognize the phone other than to charge it. It's a brand new laptop and my mom's does the same thing..her's is a diff brand, too...so I know it's not the computer itself, it has to be the programming.

Thanks!

harrellj

Reaction score
You shouldn't need to unmount the memory card. When you plug the phone in, drag the notification bar down and click on the "usb connected". Then, click the connect to usb or mount usb button on that new screen.

I'm guessing the problem you're running into is this next step, where you should get a new hard drive showing on your computer. In Windows, it is possible to have a conflict with the drive letters. If you don't get a new drive showing, right click on the "my computer" or just computer icon and click on manage. In Computer Management, go down to the storage section and click on disk management. In disk management, the window is usually divided into 2. The top section usually lists all the hard drives attached to the computer, complete with their drive letter, on individual rows in the volume column. If you scroll down that column, one of those will not have a letter in ()s, and it is more than likely your phones. Right click it, and go to "change drive letters and paths". You'll want to tell it to change the drive letter from nothing to an available one (hint: the drop-down list of choices only shows the available ones). It'll warn you that if you had anything set to point to it, those paths could break, but that's a non-issue with this problem and is OK to let it continue. Also, this is a permanent setting, until you reinstall Windows or drive letters change around because of adding new hard drives (internal ones).

Does that help?

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I have an ally as well... when I first connected to my comp it could only charge. I come to find out windows update does not locate ur drivers for ur phone. I found them online thru lg. (I don't have the link). After I installed them, I reconnected my phone then never had any issues after. U can look them up or pm me and I can email u the driver setup files if u want

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<