Need Help -- Hvae to get Calendar off broken HTC Incredible (ADR6300)

AkronM

Reaction score
Trying to replace LCD, broke the off-white, ceramic-looking connector (FPC?) mounted to logic board. LCD ribbon cable plugs into it.
The connector came off in three pieces. The only replacement FPC connectors I find on internet are for Incredible 2 or S. I'm not even sure I could fix this if I had a new connector but it can't get worse. The calendar has 3 years worth of appointments, notes, tax information, and other items I need. I could never find a way to backup/transfer the Android Calendar for HTC Android since the phone only supports up to Android v. 2.3.4. Can someone help me to either find a replacement LCD FPC connector for this phone (original HTC Incredible) or tell me how to get the calendar off the phone without LCD connected? Assuming the calendar is critical to me, am I just in trouble with this broken connector?

KeepItReal

Reaction score
See my recent post to the other calendar question from today's date. There may be a suggestion for your dilemma.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
Do you backup with google? Or use Google calendar?

KeepItReal

Reaction score
If the phone is live, and you can see the screen, the app Super Backup will back up the calendar. If you can't see the screen, then nothing that I know of. Maybe somebody knows the file name that our calendars write to, and you could connect to PC and seer if you could see the file. I have been able find out it's writes to a mini SQL file, or something like that. Have you logged onto Gmail to make sure your calendar entries weren't already being entered into Gmail? When you go to add a 'New Event' into your Calendar, a pop-up says On the Phone or your Gmail. You may of chosen Gmail at one time. I believe it remembers that each time when you add other New Events. Samsung's phone seem to let you edit your existing entries to save in Gmail, so folks get your calendar entries saved to Gmail. Then when your phone take a dive, or you upgrade to New device, you Gmail saved entities come back!