Need help flashing theme to Eclipse 2.2

sr.torres22

Reaction score
I recently flashed Eclipse 2.2 and tried flashed Titanium X as my theme and I did everything according to Driodhive. When i shut off phone and restart all i keep getting is a black screen forever! Waited for awhile (20 min) and nothing. Same thing happened when i flashed Kinetic and tried flashing Honeyscream. Odd how both roms worked perfectly, but when i "flashed" the themes all i ket getting was a black screen and no actual reboot of phone. Any help?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't see that theme on droid hive but there are several themes for eclipse 2.2 here: http://eclipserom.com/vforum/forumdisplay.php?22-Themes-and-Apps. The titanium X theme posted here on droid forums was just for 2.0 and 2.1. Other than than that all I can recommend is wiping cache and dalvik cache. If you somehow installed the incorrect version of the theme though, you may have to start over with a data and cache wipe, reinstall rom, and then theme.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
I got Titanium X from eclipserom...maybe i didn't flash it right. So, would i have to delete safeback up and start fresh?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you made a backup on your safe side before flashing that, then restore that and then wipe cache and dalvik cache. If you didn't make a backup, then wipe data and cache and reinstall eclipse 2.2. Then load the rom, boot back into safestrap, wipe cache and dalvik cache and reflash theme.

OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
So skip format/system and factory data wipe? Go straight to cache and advance>delvik wipe?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want the cleanest install, wipe everything(I usually do) but I have heard that when installing roms, usually the /system is automatically wiped upon install. It never hurts to be more thorough though:) If just installing a theme, cache and dalvik are all that need to be wiped, assuming the rom works before installing the theme and the theme is the correct version for the rom that you are on.

OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
lol, you got a hood point. Suppose i would have to wait after work to try this out. Kinda bummed out cuz i saw the Eclipse boot and got all excited because of the crazy animation lol. Anyhow, thanks man. Will try it tonight.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, no problem:D. Good luck!