Need help flashing new rom on 2.3.3 rooted

Lpmboss

Reaction score
I have an x2 and its rooted with stock 2.3.3 ...having trouble now because I can't seem to boot into clockwork recovery and x bootstrapper only boots into android recovery ... I got a custom recovery recently that does boot into its own recovery but once I flash a rom using it the phone just boot loops ... after that if I go to recovery its android stock recovery... basicly im not able to manually go into the custom recovery.. or is there a way..

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

mattbc1

Reaction score
If its the x2 bootstrapper make sure youre phone is plugged into a wall charger or else it wont work. Also try wiping data and cache before flashing a new rom, that may help with the bootloop.

OP
L

Lpmboss

Reaction score
I've taken those steps twice now to no avail.... I don't get y I can't manually get into the x2 bootstrap recovery after it starts bootlooping ... it just goes to the Motorola recovery ...

mattbc1

Reaction score
The only other way I know to get into custom recovery other than choosing it from the app drawer is to pull your battery, then plug it in to the wall charger and power it back on without putting the battery back in. I just tried this on my phone and it went straight into custom recovery. Other than that im not sure.

OP
L

Lpmboss

Reaction score
Ok that worked ...fyi I had to turn off stay awake while charging... but after that was off it went to custom recovery... thanks... gonna try flashing again now...

mattbc1

Reaction score
No problem, glad I could help. Good luck.

OP
L

Lpmboss

Reaction score
Now when I flash it I still bootloop...its horrible..luckily I backedup a recovery...

mattbc1

Reaction score
After it bootloops have you tried pulling the battery then putting it back in and.powering up without going into recovery? Sometimes that helps. Also, try to find a thread on here about the rom youre installing and see if anyone is having the same problem, they may have a solution. Sorry I cant help more.

OP
L

Lpmboss

Reaction score
Did that and it still bootloops ... ridiculous ...its the minimalx rom... ill look around for a thread on it..

mattbc1

Reaction score
It might be an issue with going from gingerbread to froyo, I think minmal x is 2.2.2. There is a rom called eclipse (v.04), that you can try, its a 2.3.3 rom. It seems to be pretty popular.

OP
L

Lpmboss

Reaction score
That worked...I flashed eclipse and it worked no problem...thanks

mattbc1

Reaction score
No problem.

instructions

Reaction score
yo, i have been trying to install a rom for hours, it keeps sitting at the droid with the exclamation point after i click custom recovery, idk how to stop this and if im doing this wrong please help! my email is [email protected]

mattbc1

Reaction score
Try hitting the volume up/ down buttons at the same time when you see the exclamation point. Are you using the stock recovery or the x2 bootstrap?