Need Gmail Help.

vvdalwadi

Reaction score
Hey guys I have both a gmail account and a yahoo account setup on my Droid, but only problem I have is that the gmail account won't refresh by itself to tell me I received an email. I always have to open the app and refresh it myself, I even tried going through the settings on it but still couldn't find a way for it to check by itself. What should I do?

Bill M

Reaction score
Go into your gmail and hit the Settings button
then, go into accounts and hit the Settings button again and you will see an accounts settings button.
Then make sure Auto-Sync is checked.

dblisle

Reaction score
Bill, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, autosync has been checked. It also appears that my contacts are not synching anymore as well, even when I try to get it to do so manually.

Bill M

Reaction score
There is also an Accounts & Sync Settings in the main settings, when you hit settings from the home screen.

I'm not having any problems with mine, so I am assuming it's just a setting.

Bill M

Reaction score
One other thing, if you downloaded that Power Saver widget make sure the data sync isn't turned off.

dblisle

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I seem to have all the settings correct.

I did notice that my contacts actually are synching up, it is just that in the sync settings for contacts it says that the last time it sync'd was yesterday. Weird, but not a big issue so long as it actually is synching.

Thanks.

OP
V

vvdalwadi

Reaction score
It Works!

Go into your gmail and hit the Settings button
then, go into accounts and hit the Settings button again and you will see an accounts settings button.
Then make sure Auto-Sync is checked.
Thanks Bill M, your directions worked perfectly.
Thanks.

gth5003

Reaction score
Does anyone know why my gmail mail is not showing up in my inbox but will show up under view lables > All Mail?? Also if someone could go under settings > labels and tell me the settings for number of days to sync and inbox and sent labels. Thanks!

raven1911

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, I believe. I was wondering about the setting about number of days too. I have never messed with this setting and my setting is at 4 days. Not sure what it should be set at?? Anyone??

gth5003

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, I believe. I was wondering about the setting about number of days too. I have never messed with this setting and my setting is at 4 days. Not sure what it should be set at?? Anyone??

Yeah I changed mine to number of days to sync - 1 day and then inbox - sync all..................seemed to initially get me my mail but since that initial influx of emails I am still not getting mine in my inbox (still get them in all mail label). So confused