Need app to set ringer volume on schedule

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
And old app is being inconsistent on my z2 and I am looking for a good highly reviewed one.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you just want to silence it on a schedule like for meetings and such, I use Silence Scheduler. Seems to work OK for me.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If you just want to silence it on a schedule like for meetings and such, I use Silence Scheduler. Seems to work OK for me.
my Silence scheduling works until an allowed whitelisted contact rings through then all following calls ring through until rebooted. My current theory Seem to be a bug on the z2 force priority mode dnd. Didn't have this issue on previous models. The separately from the silence schedule app I had a regular volume schedular app when the silence wasn't running and on the z2 force problimaticly changed the ring through problem to vibrate through instead and it couldn't rest volume on a schedule anymore. I just installed Tasker and made a profile to reset volume but it does not fix the priority mode dnd bug

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, you snookered me. That sounds a lot more complicated than "I need an app". ;) I'm on the original Z force and I had a similar problem with every volume scheduling app I tried about a year ago. None of them worked properly on my phone but worked perfectly on other phones...mine wouldn't turn the volume down as scheduled, or let some calls through but not others or at random times when silence wasn't scheduled, I'd find the phone on DND. I just gave up and then decided to try again a few months ago and now it's fine. I think Moto might have fixed something in one of the updates along the way. Hopefully you can find something that will work or Moto will fix the bug. Sorry to be of no help at all.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think this thread snookered everybody. . I thought he was asking for an app also...then you suggested one and the thread morphed into the same issue discussed in another thread. I'm confused.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the party! I'm always confused.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Welcome to the party! I'm always confused.
Phones are confusing, and not smartphones at all, lol

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I think this thread snookered everybody. . I thought he was asking for an app also...then you suggested one and the thread morphed into the same issue discussed in another thread. I'm confused.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I was originally looking for an app to reset the ringer volume as it was not resetting after priority mode but found that was a misbeahving app that conflicted with priority reset but now it's a dnd issue whitelist problem that I don't know if it's a bug on the z2 or if it's another app that's conflicting. Time will tell, when orea coming for z2 maybe that will fix it