need a nandroid backup

yulbright

Reaction score
The other day, my phone was stuck in a reboot loop, during which I made a nandroid backup so I can start trying to fix it by doing a factory reset or whatever.

That didn't work so today I went to a Verizon Store where the technician couldn't fix it either, so he gave me a new replacement.

Then, thinking I can get all my contacts and media back from my old phone, i restored the nandroid backup i made from when my old phone was stuck in a reboot loop, and now the new phone is doing the same thing!

Before I go back to that VZW store and get this one replaced again, i'd like to try a new nandroid backup img. Does anyone have a nandroid backup img they can send me so that I can atleast boot it up and get my phone to work again?

i found the backfiles located in my phone in the sdcard in a folder called clockworkmod > backups

Your help will be much appreciated.

OP
Y

yulbright

Reaction score
yep, that's what happened. Guess I'm going back to the verizon store today

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, you need to wipe your phone, and reinstall your ROM. A nandroid is a "snapshot" of your phones system, at the time the nandriod is made. So, if you were stuck in a boot loop, and made a nandriod backup of the system while your phone is boot looping, it is going to throw every phone you put that nandriod on into a boot loop.

shocka2430

Reaction score
Have u tried rsd lite to flash the frg22d sbf and fix it? Simple none smart question, why would you make a backup while in a bootloop when you haver to figure something is wrong.

Sent from my Incognito Droid using Tapatalk

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have u tried rsd lite to flash the frg22d sbf and fix it? Simple none smart question, why would you make a backup while in a bootloop when you haver to figure something is wrong.

shocka, I just saw he owns an incredible, flashing a sbf wont help.

yulbright, I am going to report this thread and have it moved to the rescue squad for help. I THINK you can flash the RUU and get your phone back, but Im not really familiar with the DInc.

Last edited:

shocka2430

Reaction score
Well that sux. Hopefully they give him a new one

OP
Y

yulbright

Reaction score
No, you need to wipe your phone, and reinstall your ROM. A nandroid is a "snapshot" of your phones system, at the time the nandriod is made. So, if you were stuck in a boot loop, and made a nandriod backup of the system while your phone is boot looping, it is going to throw every phone you put that nandriod on into a boot loop.

I was able to install a new rom. Learned something new today. Thanks bob!

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
K. Listen up folks. Your old phone, unless you changed it was on a .77 or .79 hboot. Your new phone is a .92 hboot. Nandroids will not work. If you have already rooted the new device please dl a new rom then install. All of your old backups are not going to work.