Need a (free) app for drag/drop file transfer over wifi

velocity92c

Reaction score
Awesome Drop doesn't work for me for some reason, the browser never loads the pin. ES File Explorer worked great the very first file I used it on, but since then it won't let me drag and drop anything, and even once I copy something in the browser on my PC, it won't let me paste it onto my hard drive. The 'paste' option is grayed out. The very first file I transferred worked, and this is the free version, so I'm wondering if it only lets you transfer one file in the free version, but it doesn't mention that. Any other suggestions?

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
Yeah, I've got dropbox as well but I was looking for something that avoided a 3rd party server completely and just went from my PC to my phone (the only medium with Awesome Drop and ES is the browser, I believe). I finally got Awesome Drop to work by the way, but it seems like it's only from the computer to the phone and I need dual connectivity. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Droidfish

Reaction score
If you do try it I can get us both a free 250mb by sending you an invite(no pressure:))

Pm me if you want an invite

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
Whoops, I've been saying ES file manager when I meant websharing (lite). My mistake.

REMilk

Reaction score
Awesome Drop doesn't work for me for some reason, the browser never loads the pin. ES File Explorer worked great the very first file I used it on, but since then it won't let me drag and drop anything, and even once I copy something in the browser on my PC, it won't let me paste it onto my hard drive. The 'paste' option is grayed out. The very first file I transferred worked, and this is the free version, so I'm wondering if it only lets you transfer one file in the free version, but it doesn't mention that. Any other suggestions?

Try dropbox!

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTMyMDI2NjY5

Bob