File Transfers Pause

mkw87

Reaction score
I am trying to copy multiple files to my phone from my computer using ES Explorer. I can get the first 4 files copied then the file transfer hangs at a random point. It is not the file, as it happens with multiple folders.

Is there an upper limit the number of files able to be queued? I am only trying to transfer a folder with ~20 mp3's, but they are large in size because it's an audiobook.

I think the problem is that the phone is killing ES to free up ram, because if I go to the home screen then back to ES it takes me the tld and not the most recent folder I was in.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Why not just plug your phone in to your pc and mount the usb as storage and get 'er done that way if you're having problems. Sorry, that's all I have, I've never used ES Explorer.

good luck

OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score
Why not just plug your phone in to your pc and mount the usb as storage and get 'er done that way if you're having problems. Sorry, that's all I have, I've never used ES Explorer.

good luck

That works for getting files onto the phone, but it doesn't solve the problem. I don't want to have to always have my usb cable available to transfer files.....

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hmmm. . . looks like it _might_ use WiFi? On the adrolib page for this app, it shows that it is also an app manager and task killer, so even though you say you're not running a task killer, maybe ES Explorer is.

There's another app that was out in the pre-release days. It's called Personal Portal and I think it will allow access to your phone's files via WiFi over your browser. You install it to your phone as well. I have it in my folder below called "PersonalPortal.apk". It might dowload with a .zip extension, just change it back to .apk and install to your phone as usual.

good luck

OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score
Hmmm. . . looks like it _might_ use WiFi? On the adrolib page for this app, it shows that it is also an app manager and task killer, so even though you say you're not running a task killer, maybe ES Explorer is.

There's another app that was out in the pre-release days. It's called Personal Portal and I think it will allow access to your phone's files via WiFi over your browser. You install it to your phone as well. I have it in my folder below called "PersonalPortal.apk". It might dowload with a .zip extension, just change it back to .apk and install to your phone as usual.

good luck

ES develops a separate app that is a task manager yes, but I do not use it / it is a separate app from the file manager.

Also, I have had issues in the past with 3G downloads as well - ie: que up a download from a webpage, then go open another app and the download pauses. They tend to resume though, but not always.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yes, I see that now about ES. In trying to replicate your problem, I have downloaded it as well and can't even get it to connect to my PC, though I haven't tried via BT. So now I'm REALLY no help to you, lol.

OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score
Yes, I see that now about ES. In trying to replicate your problem, I have downloaded it as well and can't even get it to connect to my PC, though I haven't tried via BT. So now I'm REALLY no help to you, lol.

It's not the apps fault. It would happen with astro as well, and like I said have seen it happen with 3g connections as well. This same problem can be easily replicated using dropbox....either 3g or wifi. However, it doesn't always happen. Seems to happen more if I select multiple files for download.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
One last question then. Did you even try the Personal Portal?

OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
<snip> but I was more interested in solving why my phone loves to pause transfers in order to free up ram.
As am I. That is why I suggested a different app. That is why I am offering help to you. The app I suggested seems to have the Motorola stamp on it. Maybe this other app will not take up as much ram on your phone. But if you're totally stuck on using the app you have, this is all I've got to say.

good luck

OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score
<snip> but I was more interested in solving why my phone loves to pause transfers in order to free up ram.
As am I. That is why I suggested a different app. That is why I am offering help to you. The app I suggested seems to have the Motorola stamp on it. Maybe this other app will not take up as much ram on your phone. But if you're totally stuck on using the app you have, this is all I've got to say.

good luck

Your solution is to not use the app.....

That doesn't help when it happens using dropbox, the browser, etc when the same problem occurs.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
My bad, I just re-read the thread and saw that you had mentioned that. Well, the only other thing I can think of is if you're running a custom rom like Ultimate Droid, Bugless Beast or even Simply Stunning that might have a 'freeram' script in it to always keep 'xx'mb of ram free. Failing that, I have failed and wish I could have been of some help.

good luck