Need a fellow Exchange Admin with 2.2 calendar working

lokiju

Reaction score
I'm a sys admin/exchange admin and for the life of me can't pin point where the issue is that's allowing my exchange mail to show but not my calendar entries.

I've tried it on other 2.2 phones either being other Motor Droids or HTC's, even different networks.

I'm running Exchange 2007. Calendar works fine in 2.1 with the Moto Exchange calendar app. It works fine on blackberries, it works fine on iPhones.

So I'm wanting to find an Exchange admin that has a 2007 set up also and is using 2.2 and the calendar is working for them so we can go comb through the settings and compared set ups.

Edit: More info - I have tried a friends exchange account on my phone and it works without issue. His is from a different company and set up, which is running Exchange 2003.

That same friend tried my Exchange account on his EVO 4G with a 2.2 ROM and it didn't show anything for calendar. He sets his account info on the same phone and it shows up right away.

I've tried Touchdown and the calendar works fine. I realize that the Calendar app on 2.2 is a unified app now and not a seperate one for just Exchange. I've turned off watching and syncing of my gmail calendar (which shows up find btw) and I've even tried turning sync and watch off and back on just to see if it shows up, but that did nothing. The status of my Calendar for my exchange account says "synced, visible".

I have require PIN set on my exchange account, however for some reason it let me set up my email and access it without asking for a PIN to be set.

When I use Touchdown it does note that PIN locking is required and makes me set a PIN for the app.

I even tried setting a PIN for the phone to match what I set for Touchdown but it made no difference.

The ONLY thing I can think in regards to it allowing me to gain access to my email and send and receive without actually setting a PIN is because I'm a domain admin, but even then I'd think if the policy is set to required, then it should matter what level of access I have.

I'm setting up a test account now to see if that works any different with this.

I'm currently using the Froyo 2.2 Moto Droid leaked version that is available from Rom Manager but have tried every single different 2.2 ROM out there and it's all the same result.

I've done data and cache wipes in between reflashing ROMs.

If any Exchange admins out there have ANY suggestions or if you're willing to check out with me your setups specific to mobile devices and activesync, please chime in!

Thanks!

Edit:
All resolved now. After a lot of testing I traced it down to being something specific with my Exchange account.

I dumped my full mailbox (including calendar) to a pst via a PS script for Exchange, then I disabled my Exchange account (if you remove, it'll delete your AD account also) and then created a new Exchange account but associated it with my AD account. Before reimporting all my data, made a few test calendar entries and sure enough they showed up. I then imported all my data from the PST I created and tried again and while it took awhile to display the data, it does work now.

btdownloads7

Reaction score
I've got the same set up as you, but don't use the built-in droid exchange calendar. I had too many issues with it overall, and started using TouchDown instead. That works well in Froyo, and has a bunch more options and enhancements.

I'm sorry, but I removed the Corp Cal app as soon as I installed the new ROM, so I can't test that out for you.

dtu

Reaction score
I run 07 but I am not having any issues. Only change that threw me is when installed 2.2 I no longer had the corp calendar app. I have one Cal app and it covers both my gmail and corporate.

OP
L

lokiju

Reaction score
I run 07 but I am not having any issues. Only change that threw me is when installed 2.2 I no longer had the corp calendar app. I have one Cal app and it covers both my gmail and corporate.

Right, which I understand.

I even configured a friend of mines exchange account (different company and set up) on my phone and got his calendar entries without issue.

What's your active sync settings? What's your IIS Active Sync site settings?

OP
L

lokiju

Reaction score
Well that wasn't what I expected.

I tried another account and wtf, the calendar shows.

Now I'm really confused.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Start with a reboot on the exchange server. If that doesn't fix it then it sounds like an account setting on the exchange or directory service. Re- enter the account if you can't find the setting.

These things were way easier to find in exchang 2003. Without sitting.g in front of the server I can't even guess at which setting to go into. Just started using 2007 myself a couple months ago. But my Calender shows just fine.

Nate

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I run 2003 so take this with huge grain of salt, but I did have similar issues before with device string setting. I do not remember how i fixed it though, that may be a place to start.

OP
L

lokiju

Reaction score
All resolved now. After a lot of testing I traced it down to being something specific with my Exchange account.

I dumped my full mailbox (including calendar) to a pst via a PS script for Exchange, then I disabled my Exchange account (if you remove, it'll delete your AD account also) and then created a new Exchange account but associated it with my AD account. Before reimporting all my data, made a few test calendar entries and sure enough they showed up. I then imported all my data from the PST I created and tried again and while it took awhile to display the data, it does work now.