navigation won't reconnect!!

biologist_guy

Reaction score
I have been using Google Navigation on my Droid 3 for a while now. Usually it works great but every once in a while it will loose the signal and it says it is "searching for gps" and will not reconnect! This is even in an area where I have full bars and is never very far from home where it has found satellites before. Shouldn't it be able to locate me using cell towers when there is a full signal?

It says "searching for gps" for a very long time as well. When I power on/off the phone it works fine in the same location that was previously having the issue. I recently installed "GPS Test" and it says it is working fine. It found satellites in no time at all.

Could this be a software glitch or another app interfering? Thanks in advance for any help!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been using Google Navigation on my Droid 3 for a while now. Usually it works great but every once in a while it will loose the signal and it says it is "searching for gps" and will not reconnect! This is even in an area where I have full bars and is never very far from home where it has found satellites before. Shouldn't it be able to locate me using cell towers when there is a full signal?

It says "searching for gps" for a very long time as well. When I power on/off the phone it works fine in the same location that was previously having the issue. I recently installed "GPS Test" and it says it is working fine. It found satellites in no time at all.

Could this be a software glitch or another app interfering? Thanks in advance for any help!

You could start with GPS Statue & Toolbox (in the Market). It may help to know what is going on and may help you solve it.

OP
B

biologist_guy

Reaction score
You could start with GPS Statue & Toolbox (in the Market). It may help to know what is going on and may help you solve it.

I tried something similar, "GPS Test" and it said looked like everything was working alright. Lots of satellites and everything.

OP
B

biologist_guy

Reaction score
I have been meaning to reply to this for a while. I have tried "GPS Test" and "GPS Status", both free and both seemed to work. Both apps also said my GPS was working fine but I can't say if running those apps was the reason for me not having any problems any more. So far everything has worked fine though.