Navigation voice guidance and Bluetooth

immarkhe

Reaction score
I saw someone had a post a few months ago on this same topic, but no replies so I want to pose the problem again. I'm new to Droid and have had the Maxx for a few days. Took it on a road trip and used google nav. It worked great, however when bluetooth was connected to my car the voice guidance stopped. Nothing through car audio and nothing out of the phone itself. If I disconnected bluetooth voice prompts came back out of the phone speaker.

Any ideas?

Thanks

OP
I

immarkhe

Reaction score
That doesn't make sense. Define listienting to music. The audio system is on otherwise BT wouldn't be connected. What am I missing?

niteperson

Reaction score
In my Kia the tuner has to be on AUX. It can't be tuned to a radio station.

OP
I

immarkhe

Reaction score
I have a Hyundai so I'll give this a try. Do you have your phone plugged into the AUX jack? I had the Hyundai Bluelink with TBT voice nav and it interrupted the audio that was playing regardless of source to announce upcoming directions. I was hoping the phone would work the same way.

niteperson

Reaction score
I have a Hyundai so I'll give this a try. Do you have your phone plugged into the AUX jack? I had the Hyundai Bluelink with TBT voice nav and it interrupted the audio that was playing regardless of source to announce upcoming directions. I was hoping the phone would work the same way.

I don't plug the phone in, but bluetooth still goes through AUX as if it was. My car is a base model and isn't smart enough to interrupt other stations with directions. It has to be set on AUX for me to get directions. I haven't tried to stream music from my phone at the same time to see how that's handled. I'm not sure if the navigation would cut in over the music or both would be going at the same time.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
We are plugged into one of the AUX ports and have to have the car tuned in to AUX Front (there is an AUX rear too) I believe we have been listening to either music on the SD card or Pandora and still had the navigation come through. Been awhile since we have used the nav (no trips for us lately :( )

When we have used the navigation we used CoPilot or Sygic Navigation vs Google maps or VZW nav... that might have something to do with it as well.

OP
I

immarkhe

Reaction score
Well I was able to make some progress by selecting bt audio on the radio. Still seems a little odd though that you can't play audio while navigating. I'll have to keep poking around.