Navigation Question

micp1480

Reaction score
I have viewed the video on Google Navigation on the Droid. Here is my frustration. On the video it claims that the navigation program has an indicator that will let you know if traffic ahead is flowing freely, or if there are any traffic jams. This indicator comes in a form of a round circle in the left lower corner, and green is for free flowing and yellow for traffic jam. I have done everything to get this indicator to appear and function. Am I doing something wrong, or is my phone need to be replaced. I did go to the menu and then layers and then clicked on traffic, and yet nothing. Any suggestions?

MICP1480

Technoman

Reaction score
I have viewed the video on Google Navigation on the Droid. Here is my frustration. On the video it claims that the navigation program has an indicator that will let you know if traffic ahead is flowing freely, or if there are any traffic jams. This indicator comes in a form of a round circle in the left lower corner, and green is for free flowing and yellow for traffic jam. I have done everything to get this indicator to appear and function. Am I doing something wrong, or is my phone need to be replaced. I did go to the menu and then layers and then clicked on traffic, and yet nothing. Any suggestions?

MICP1480

It works fine for me, and always has since they added that feature. I doubt it is the phone, if you are getting a lock onto a satellite that is probably all that it needs. The indicator is not large, and sits down with the remaining travel time in the bottom left corner.

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
Like I said, I did see the video, and where this indicator is suppose to appear, but let me throw this question out to everyone. When in Navigation, and when in Traffic View, does this indicator come on and stay on?

MICP1480

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is the Traffic layer turned on?

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
I turn it on and nothing happens. I get a big arrow at the left hand corner.

MICP1480

Technoman

Reaction score
Well, I don't know that it is always on. I have seen it showing Green, Yellow, and Red. It may go off after it stays green for a while. Here is a very rude image, but it shows the indicator. I am sitting inside my house. You can see the GREEN indicator next to the 35 in the lower left corner.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Where do you find that video on Google navigation?

Plenty to learn and nothing really written out.

Thanks

Ron W.

snowman

Reaction score
yes good question I have not tried the navagation at all yet