Navigation force closing

armopride07

Reaction score
Im running P3's Pre-Rooted gingerbread. Whenever I open up navigation or click on navigation from maps, it says com.google.maps has stopped unexpectedly bla bla bla. Anyways, anyone know a fix?

EDIT: [RESOLVED]

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you freeze apps. One of the list online here of safe apps to freeze has an error. You need to defrost the TTS service it is listed as safe to freeze but that is incorrect.

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
I have nothing frozen. Using Antek App Manager I looked through my phone and couldn't find the TTS service even though I remember having it a while ago. So basically I have to SBF now huh?

Reaction score
I have nothing frozen. Using Antek App Manager I looked through my phone and couldn't find the TTS service even though I remember having it a while ago. So basically I have to SBF now huh?

It is a service not an app so I don't think it will show up in Antek. Have you tried:

1. Clearning the cache for maps

2. Uninstalling any updates for maps.

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
Cleared data and cache and uninstalled updates. Tried it again and still FC. Rebooted and tried it again and still FCing. Anything else that might help?

Reaction score
Other than a factory reset no. Anyother software on the system. Something that might be causing an issue because it uses maps or something?

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I'll do a factory reset and let you know what's going on.

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
factory reset and still force closing. What about restoring a backup? I backed up everything a while ago, right after I flashed P3's GB. Will that help?

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
Yea it was from the bootstrap.

Reaction score
Well if you know Nav was working when you did the nandroid backup then that is certainly worth doing.

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
restored and everything is working just fine. Thanks a lot!

coopdroid

Reaction score
Did you freeze apps. One of the list online here of safe apps to freeze has an error. You need to defrost the TTS service it is listed as safe to freeze but that is incorrect.

nline.. I had been having the same issue. I have a perfectly running, rooted version of 602 and the only thing not working was navigation (force closing immediate) Just as I was about ready to blow it up and spf back to the beginning I saw your post about the TTS service. I had been a bit over zealous in removing bloat from the app drawer and renamed a bunch of apk files in the \system\app directory. That sounded familiar so I went in and sure enough I had renamed ttsservice.bak. Changed back to .apk and now all is right with the world. Thank you!!

coop