navigation audio through speakers during bluetooth call?

ethanw

Reaction score
I'm about to get a bluetooth headset, and I was wondering: If I'm using the 3.5mm jack to the car aux in for music/navigation and I get a call with the bluetooth in, what will happen? Will I continue to get the music and or navigation prompts going to the car stereo while I talk? What about if I'm just using the navigation, or navigation through the phone's speaker with the jack unplugged? I'd like to be able to take a call via bluetooth and not lose nav prompts.

Thanks!

nateccnn

Reaction score
I was using the navigation the other day using the phone's speaker. My phone is connected to the GM Handsfree OEM system by BT only for phone calls. When a call came in I answered it and the BT system worked fine. But then when the next turn came up the navigation system took over and blarred across my handsfree speakers. The caller said she could not hear it but I could not hear her when it happened.

So...there will be interference.

The part that really annoys me is that apperently the phone is capable of using the GM OEM handsfree system to broadcast sound through BT but GM and Android won't work together on this feature. It sure would be nice to be able to play myu music across my truck's sound system.

Nate

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
There have been many threads on this subject, so even though I have an OG Droid, not a TB, I think this is baked into the base OS. I could be wrong. The Nav voice trumps all sounds, i.e. phone calls, notifications, music etc. The Nav voice comes through BT if you have a BT that supports it. The Nav voice also comes through the 3.5mm jack, again trumping all sounds. It is interesting trying to carry on a phone conversation and Navigate. If you are asking what happens using BT and the 3.5mm jack at the same time, I am not sure I have ever done that.

johnd09

Reaction score
Mine plays music over bluetooth, in my moms car, try going into you music app and make sure the option to play over bluetooth is selected, I know Pandora has the option and I'm pretty sure most of the other apps do as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Sites

Reaction score
I play music, podcasts, and audible audio books thru the 3.5 jack in my car. When a call comes in whatever is playing pauses and the bluetooth kicks in. When the call is over whatever was playing starts back up. Awesome. (never tested navigation though)

Sent from my ADR6400L