NavBar Customizer Hidden In Android 7.0 Nougat Update

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus2cee_Screenshot_20160824-004512.png

A while back we got word that the new Nexus devices by HTC would include an all new Navbar that would integrate Google Assistant. The official update that Google just released to Nexus devices for Nougat did not include this update to the navbar, however it appears that their is a highly customizable navbar hidden deep within the Nougat code.

Apparently when Google decides to enable this feature you will be able to remove navbar buttons. You will also be able to add new buttons to the navbar. New buttons include a clipboard button, a keyboard function short cut button, a spacer button, a menu button, and a keyboard switcher. You will also be able to rearrange the buttons on the navbar. This may not be enabled until Android O since it seems to still be quite buggy. What are your thoughts? Would you like to see a customizable nav bar? You can try this out at the link below.

via XDA

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love this idea, My Moto X nav bar displays a keyboard switcher sometimes and I'd love to turn that off, it's annoying, I'd also love to sometimes have a dedicated cut/paste clipboard button.

hopefully this becomes available in the future.