Nandroid Backup/SPRecovery

PBarn

Reaction score
So I just flashed BB.05 from Peter Alfonso and wanted to restore my screen layouts and apps from a Nandroid backup. I have all of the categories checked off when I did the backup so I have all of them to choose from when doing a partial recovery.

I suppose I need to know what parts of the backup can I put back on without affecting the updated OS. So, what are functions of cache, misc, data, recovery, system, and boot?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I regret to say that the Nandroid backup will not restore just a portion. It replaces the entire OS. If you want to save apps/data check out MybackUp Pro and Titanium. Both are excellent apps and well worth the few dollars.

Mike

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
+1 on that.

Nandroids are great but they're COMPLETE backups. They replace everything that was there previously. If all you want is to back up your apps/texts/etc you'll need an app from the Market for that. See previous suggestions.

droijo

Reaction score
If you are using other launchers such as ADW or LauncherPro, it has the option to restore your desktop configuration.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DO NOT TRY THIS WITH OUT A BACKUP!!!!

You can try to restore JUST the data, but you might get a boot loop. When upgrading ROMs through the same developer, I will wipe/reset 3 times, flash the new ROM, and restore the Data to the new ROM. It restores my apps, messages, login info, etc. If you are changing Developers, I would expect boot loops, especially with bb 0.5