Nandroid Backup Question

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions about doing a Nandroid Backup. If I restore one of my backups does it restore everything like it was when the backup was taken? I am asking because right now I am running stock 2.1 rooted, but would like to try something else. If I do not like the new rom I install I can just reflash my backup and it will be like just like it was before I tried the new rom correct? I am guessing this has been asked plenty of times in the past, but from the threads I have looked at either it wasn’t brought up or it got buried so deep that I over looked it. Now I am pretty sure that once I flash to a new rom I will have to re-active, but if I go back with one of my backups do I still need to go and activate again? Sorry for such a newb questions, but some people (ie. Me) needs to have answers drilled into my thick skull a million times before it finally sinks in. Thanks all, and don't flame me too bad. I could use a little browning on the edges though ;)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1st off, you don't need to reactivate the phone. Just go through the opening thing and sign into your gmail account. As for nandroid, yes. You save it as it stands, it replaces as it stands. You need to be rooted and have SPRecovery or use ROM manager and use clockwork Mod recovery if you are going to to be changing ROM's and backing up and reinstalling stock the easy way.