Nandroid backup issue

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm trying to do a nandroid backup for my ROM (see sign) to try out Chevy's new ROM. When I hit Perform Backup, it gets stuck about halfway through dumping system.tar! Anyone else having/had this issue??

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I've not had this issue before. How much free space do you have on your SD card? If it is full or close to full, mount and make a copy on your computer then delete some of your old backups.

Let us know if this helps.

Mike

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No I've not had this issue before. How much free space do you have on your SD card? If it is full or close to full, mount and make a copy on your computer then delete some of your old backups.

Let us know if this helps.

Mike

12.41GB left on my SD card. I'll try the computer route and see if that helps. I already deleted 3 backups via Androzip. It took about 3 or 4 tries to successfully backup v1.1 as well so I may just be holding my mouth wrong! Haha!!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If this was happening to me, I'd reboot to the rom, and use Rom Manager to reflash spr. I'd reboot to spr and do my nandroid backup.

Plesk

Reaction score
Had the same issue and fixed it just now by using a different SD card. I got the tip from this thread.

You may be able to achieve the same result by formatting yours or checking the filesystem?

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just tried backing up through SP again and it worked? Weird!! Thanks for the help guys!!