Nandroid backup missing both the recovery.img and boot.img

mlplus

Reaction score
I am on a rooted droid X. The backup was made using nandroid Backup Droid X bootstrap. The backup is missing both the recovery.img and boot.img

In my clockworkmod/backup. I have:
system.img
data.img
.android_secure.img
cache.img
nandroid.m5

I want to do my first custom rom but I am concerned with not having the recovery.img and boot.img in the backup. Are my concerns warranted? If so, how can i get them? Also, I wanted to get a complete backup without using Backup Droid X bootstrap but could not find out where/how to make this backup. Any help or comments are greatly appreciated.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
U can make back ups onto your computer if u don't trust your SD card. I did. Just hook it up and browse to the folder where the .img file is saved.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

mlplus

Reaction score
Thks for the reply.

I took a look and the only img files i have on the phone are system.img,data.img,.android_secure.img,cache.img, nandroid.m5

i am concerned that i dont have a recovery and boot img.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thks for the reply.

I took a look and the only img files i have on the phone are system.img,data.img,.android_secure.img,cache.img, nandroid.m5

i am concerned that i dont have a recovery and boot img.

Recovery is CWR and doesn't get erased during any of the rom install/wipe functions.

Boot loader is locked on your phone, isn't it? If it is, it can not be written over/replaced.

Those are my best guesses. I did look and my old Droid 1 Nandroid Backups have recovery and boot. My Nandroid Backups for the Bionic have neither. The difference seems to be locked bootloader.

OP
M

mlplus

Reaction score
thanks guys! i think i am not going to take the plunge and change the rom.