NAMES FOR GRD ROM WHEN READY MINDS well sound off POLL INCLUDED

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
hick redneck feel

I live in Alabama, i get enough of this already lol.

Need to be careful about using Get R Done. Pretty sure its copyrighted by Larry The Cable Guy. I'm not entirely sure but I would rather be safe than sorry. We've already been hit by Moto for copyright infringement, we don't need another....

Reaction score
I 2nd Joey's suggestion, just for the sake of simplicity and reducing confusion. Once multiple rom versions have been released you'll be getting alot of questions regarding what's what, what's new, which is how and whatever. A change in names should be saved to reflect a definitive change in base construction. Also, I like GrD. and turtles...

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah most likely go with GRD Ver 1.0 & on major releases we will have names for the GRD versions

Reaction score
Need to be careful about using Get R Done. Pretty sure its copyrighted by Larry The Cable Guy
I have a feeling it is so I've been keeping that in mind

As much as it would suck, you gotta admit, getting sued by larry the cable guy would be the most ridiculous sounding thing ever and hillarious story to tell people, but yea I would be careful. I would just make sure to spell it a lil differently, and using the abbreviation is a good idea too, cause I've never seen any of his merchandise use the GDR abbreviation. So as far as I know, as long as you don't spell it the same way and use it as a way to make money, you will be fine

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

Reaction score
EDIT - Didn't mean to post this, accidently hit Quote instead of modify and didn't notice til now. So ignore this post lol

Last edited:

rockshox

Reaction score
I think the poll should have a "None of the Above" option....

draexo

Reaction score
How about a tie-in to the Android version. So... "Diet Froyo" v1
Or "diet Gingerbread" version X

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

draexo

Reaction score
Oh..."lowfat FroYo"..... "decaf FroYo".... decaf could have more blur cuz it would run slower.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Oh..."lowfat FroYo"..... "decaf FroYo".... decaf could have more blur cuz it would run slower.

lol tru that

chrisl20

Reaction score
How bout "The Rominator" ..or "Rom-plestilskin" or "Rom Burgandy" ...maybe rom-D-m-c...lol...sorry...just had to....and don't worry...ill think of more

kickyindahead

Reaction score
how bout GOT~R~DID.... that shouldnt impose on copyright .. or maybe DID~R~DONE....

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
how bout GOT~R~DID.... that shouldnt impose on copyright .. or maybe DID~R~DONE....

LMAO NICE ONE BRO ESPECIALLY THE LAST ONE LAMO JUST MADE MY NIGHT AS I AM WIPING THE CRUST OUT OF MY EYES TO START GETTING READY FOR WORK @ 1am

& ALSO CANT FORGET ABOUT THE BIG NON ROM ANNOUNCEMENT COMING RATE BEFORE MIDNIGHT