name this app???

csc20

Reaction score
What is the name of the app that lets you find the exact location of people using GPS???

spikejnz

Reaction score
Latitude. It's built in to Google Maps on the Droid. Simply click on Maps, click on Menu and select Latitude. Great application!

OP
C

csc20

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you have to 'ok' in order for others to find you??? How does that work?

Hector1959

Reaction score
Latitude

You must log in with a google account and so your friends. It worked out good for me on long trips with my friends especially when they took a different route. I was able to keep track of them and their progress.

andjarnic

Reaction score
So if I get my wife and kids an Android 2.0 capable phone (which correct me if I am wrong but I think ALL 2.0 phones will have the cool mapping features that we have on our Droid), and they all have gmail accounts, can I actually see where they are at all times? I ask cause I was thinking..for my kids.. this would be great to have on their phones. I was paying verizon for a kid finder service a few years back with this green phone I got my daughter originally..but it was like $7 a month and would be a charge to find out where the phone was at each time I wanted to use it..or something like that..I never ended up using it. I am curious tho, if I get them all phones with 2.0, and enable this, if I can see where they are... how often does it update, what does it update (That is.. does each phone send a ping every so often to a google server that hosts this Lattitude service, which then stores a given phones location information)? How does my phone get updates to other phone locations.. does my phone ask a service (Lattitude) for info on given users all the time..or only if I run the Latitude app after firing up Maps?

Thanks