n00b - dropped my BB Tour for the Moto Droid today

jenjen

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a chick who loves electronic gadgets! Seriously, I think it's an unhealthy (and expensive!) obsession...probably 100 phones in 3-4 years. I went from a dumbphone to a BlackBerry Tour which I had for 30 days and on the last day of my WFG from Verizon I swapped it out for a Droid. Can't really say if I love it or not so far; I just went out and got it on my lunch break and so I haven't gotten a chance to do much with it. That's why I'm here - to find out what I CAN do with it (outside of work hours, of course ;)). Feel free to point me in the direction of any information you think I need to know. Thanks in advance!

BillTheCat

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. As an unrepentant tech geek/gadget junkie, I can say that the Droid is one of the best smartphones I have played with. It's not without fault or flaw, but they are relatively minor.

Remember that the "long press" is like a right click in Windows- it'll give you extended menus/options. As will the menu button (the 4 little lines), and the menu button & long press don't always get you the same options, so try 'em both when you're stuck or lost.

The only thing BB does better than Droid is the native e-mail & IM clients. Even the downloadable IM apps I have seen either lack functionality or have connection issues. I'm sure these will be ironed out over time. And I'm using K-9 Mail Beta for my IMAP (Yahoo, Hotmail) mail services now, because the OEM client was driving me insane.

After that, just have fun with it. The possibilities are pretty wild.

OP
jenjen

jenjen

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and tips, Bill! :)

doughdroid

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you jenjen, I have been a loyal BB user for years and just gave up my Tour that I have had for 6 months for a Droid Eris. So far after getting my Droid on the 30th I don't think I will be going back to BB as my personal device.

I do have a Bold for work to constantly remind me of why I switched though.