N: R2D2 Bloatware, cant update

chasehammer

Reaction score
N: R2D2 ROM/SBF, cant update

Ok so my R2D2 has been running the leaked GB since May and i decided to go official. anyways so i SBF to stock droid2 2.2 and then flashed a R2D2 backup i made. Well i went to update and it failed, then i noticed that some of the bloatware is missing, i spotted Blockbuster and Caller ID is missing but im sure there are probably others.

Anyways I cant update until i get these back and was wondering if anyone had a list of the bloatware (or even the apks themselves) so i can get this done.

Thanks.

EDIT: I was able to find some stock Droid X bloatware on a website and i put that in the system/app/ folder, its not letting me install the Car Dock or City ID but let me on Blockbuster, Kindle and Amazon Mp3. I manually removed Bootstrap recovery from system/bin/ and i unrooted with Z4root. Downloading again to see what happens now.

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did it work? If not, you probably need to SBF. That's usually my only recommendation before installing an OTA.

OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
It did not work. I am unable to find a SBF or ROM for R2D2. This is the problem on multiple forums. All links to ROMS are dead and no one ever made a R2D2 SBF.

it downloads fine and then i hit Install, it reboots and then tries to Unpack it, gets about 25% then stops. Reboots and says Update Failed. Doesnt say why so not sure.

Sprinty

Reaction score
Chasehammer, I'm in the same boat as you. I was able to find and reinstall everything I deleted after messing around with the permissions settings. But that still didn't work. If you hit the magifying glass on the physical keyboard while the update is unpacking that will show you where it's failing.

I wrote down what mine said to try and search for a solution but tossed the paper. It read something about cache/blur/ and the software number

Inelastic

Reaction score
Well, if you're on the R2D2 ROM right now and can't update you can un-root it and take it back in and try to get a replacement. I might (emphasis on the word might) have a CW backup right after I rooted my phone on the original microsd card, but I can't find it right now.

Edit: Actually, I found a backup. It was just in a strange place on that card. I unpacked the system.img and data.img files and I didn't see anything in there that looks like it was on a modded ROM. So, I'm going to backup my system and put this backup on my phone to see if it actually is the original R2D2 ROM.

Last edited:
OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
well im willing to try anything, i went back to the GB leak from earlier this year in the mean time until we get somewhere lol.